let's discuss Alabama's new abortion bill

Author Topic: let's discuss Alabama's new abortion bill  (Read 12066 times)

doesnt matter what she said or if and why she was ignored, she's still right
the point is that guys cant be blamed for ignoring womens’ stance if they don’t actually put up one. are we supposed to not discuss anything until they show up? some of us have perspective from talking with girls about the issue of abortion and hearing their thoughts on it, and its not like guys’ opinions/thoughts dont make any sense all the time

doesnt matter what she said or if and why she was ignored, she's still right
>but the irony

there is absolutely no doubt in my mind (and obviously hers as well) had she actually explained herself she would have been memed to death and/or shot down by the number of guys in here who are trolls/anti-abortion (as she implied as such in her post). Her posts pointing out the irony already held a lot of weight whether y'all see it or not and phantos already did the honors of pointing out why.

this is how pointless political fighting is bred. as soon as both sides assign bad faith to the other and stop presenting and defending and arguing stances. you can believe what you say khaz, but that’s avoiding the problem and any chance of resolution. without communication the problem only gets worse as the circlejerk becomes bigger as the opposing side stops participating.

i get though that it might not have much of a point here on a lego forum. but i personally at least always take away something from the perspectives i see on here. and imo the chance that someone gets something out of what i say outweighs any amount of hate i get from saying it - its not like their stuffposts and flaming matter in the end.

Conan owning liberals, conservatives and women all at once

conan the barbarian

a True centrist
i ride fences and play devils advocate all day every day

this is how pointless political fighting is bred. as soon as both sides assign bad faith to the other and stop presenting and defending and arguing stances. you can believe what you say khaz, but that’s avoiding the problem and any chance of resolution. without communication the problem only gets worse as the circlejerk becomes bigger as the opposing side stops participating.

i get though that it might not have much of a point here on a lego forum. but i personally at least always take away something from the perspectives i see on here. and imo the chance that someone gets something out of what i say outweighs any amount of hate i get from saying it - its not like their stuffposts and flaming matter in the end.

you'jre right about this but you forgot the more important part that khaz smells like beef

I see now that I was a little too optimistic about the general attitude of most people here. I think the nature of the argument on this topic is honestly perfectly displayed in this thread and after commenting and seeing the response it really further strengthened my view. If I wrote out all my beliefs on it, people would quote it and try to argue with me about specific aspects of my opinion which isn't what I'm trying to do really. I don't feel the need to explain how I feel just so that a bunch of men on the internet can pick it apart and turn it into something completely different. Also at 21 years old I'm not trying to be liked by other users, I'm more concerned with just setting the record straight on certain things where I feel my opinion is valuable

I don't feel the need to explain how I feel just so that a bunch of men on the internet can pick it apart and turn it into something completely different.

going into a thread that starts with "let's discuss..." and not wanting to discuss it is just handicapped, nobody cares about these optics just get outta here

by a little too optimistic are you saying we’re worse than you expect? cause honestly from what ive sene this is mostly memeing and ironic stuffposting with the occasional actual discussion. only in the most cloistered of internet communities will you get pure discussion without memeing, and often those communities are like that cause its a self-selected “serious discussion” community and therefore missing some perspective from non-members

say what you will about the blf but its a relatively tame proving ground compared to what i understand is out there. here the self selection is largely people prone to nostalgia and people who enjoy playing with legos, so imo its as unbiased as you can probably get, minus the gender demographics. theres just the ever present vocal minority from both sides, though the liberal vocal minority has kinda died down from what i can see.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 12:58:32 PM by Conan »

also you could be like me and just put your opinions and thoughts for those who care, and not bother with retorts. then the people you want to speak to can see your posts while those who are just looking for a debate waste their own time.

i feel its dangerous to say “my perspective will just get picked apart” cause it means you aren’t putting your beliefs on the table, leading you to adopt them as patently true unless by some chance you see an argument against your beliefs that convinces you. it kinda goes against the “educate and diversify yourself” mentality that people need to grow. though i get that nobody wants to do that all the time, everywhere - i just hope you dont have the same perspective facing all communities that potentially might debate you on your position.