Pokemon Sword & Shield (New Pokemon revealed)

Author Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield (New Pokemon revealed)  (Read 12065 times)

man the pokemon community is in ruins
i see apologists almost everywhere. like, you say one bad thing or remotely negative thing about gen 8 and they'll pop up trying to debunk your opinion
like i remember seeing a dude who genuinely wants the 'haters' to off themselves and there's this one dude who's constantly trying to be assertive by constantly talking about how pretty the game is despite it looking like a muddy n64 game

Considering the quality of graphics in Pokémon Sword and Shield, it certainly would require considerable time to do that kind of work for every Pokémon.

Masuda: I was personally sad about this decision. Of course, had it been feasible, I would have liked to make it possible to bring every Pokémon into the game. However, this was a choice we needed to make sooner or later. In the end, we had to choose quality. (<-- lol)

Ohmori: Masuda and I discussed this issue a great deal. Even for Pokémon Sun and Moon, it was quite a difficult situation (to make it possible to bring every Pokémon into the game). Now that we are moving to the Nintendo Switch and remaking the models from scratch, we had to make some kind of choice. That said, despite the limitation on the Pokémon that can be brought into the game, the game's wild areas, story and other content is quite rich. I believe that players will understand that when they play the game.

I imagine getting hundreds and hundreds of 3D pokemon models on the 3DS was a difficult challenge at the time, but this is the Nintendo Switch now, if the 3DS game was able to squeeze in all of the Pokemon models and it's generation of new Pokemon models, then the far more capable Nintendo Switch should have no issue doing the same

And i don't know how true that "remaking the models from scratch" bit is...

This is why video games are bad
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 09:16:10 AM by Masterlegodude »

richard slurping fanfriends always bend over backwards to make excuses for executives who get paid millions of dollars to tell programmers and stuff what to do

DOn't even realize they're playing defense for the higher ups, I promise you everyone who's on the ground working on this stuff would love to ship out a complete game if the corporate overlords weren't fingerloving their back doors at every turn with budget and time constraints

How about they stop announcing release dates until the game's loving done

Why do companies give themselves or abide by time constraints anyway? Just finish the game, delay it if necessary even, the Animal Crossing devs certainly had no problem with delaying their game just to assure the best quality they could deliver, why can't Game Freak do the same?

They need that yearly cash infusion

How else are they gonna get Power Sword and Mega Shield shipped next year

also they aren't remaking the model's thats a loving lie lmao

also they aren't remaking the model's thats a loving lie lmao
That's what the news article said, but even someone in the comments said that they don't believe they're remaking the models from scratch

I mean, the models are already fairly smooth and detailed for fictional cartoon creatures, what more could they add to the models that would require "remaking them from scratch"? They just have to up-res the textures to make them look less like compressed 3DS textures

man the pokemon community is in ruins
i see apologists almost everywhere. like, you say one bad thing or remotely negative thing about gen 8 and they'll pop up trying to debunk your opinion
like i remember seeing a dude who genuinely wants the 'haters' to off themselves and there's this one dude who's constantly trying to be assertive by constantly talking about how pretty the game is despite it looking like a muddy n64 game
They fixed the graphics already, but ehh still haven't added all the Pokémon back

Why do companies give themselves or abide by time constraints anyway? Just finish the game, delay it if necessary even, the Animal Crossing devs certainly had no problem with delaying their game just to assure the best quality they could deliver, why can't Game Freak do the same?
Because the only reason the pokemon games, anime, and manga exist is to push merch. If the game gets delayed then they have to delay merch as well.

Because the only reason the pokemon games, anime, and manga exist is to push merch. If the game gets delayed then they have to delay merch as well.
what about the pokemon movies

Basically "Take it up the ass until you decide to do it yourself because we can't advocate for things we want we just gotta deal with it"

Basically "Take it up the ass until you decide to do it yourself because we can't advocate for things we want we just gotta deal with it"
11 likes, by the way

Probably more now since when i screen-capped that

"The world is going to crap and all you care about is a video game"

Ah, yes, I remember that study done that showed that humans are only capable of caring about one thing at a time. Truly, this is the ultimate failing of our species

I feel bad for you pokemon fans lol it must suck to be surrounded by handicaps

That's what the news article said, but even someone in the comments said that they don't believe they're remaking the models from scratch

I mean, the models are already fairly smooth and detailed for fictional cartoon creatures, what more could they add to the models that would require "remaking them from scratch"? They just have to up-res the textures to make them look less like compressed 3DS textures
GameFreak futureproofed all the Pokemon models during the 3DS generation so they could reuse them for future games. The 3DS models are much higher poly than the 3DS' 240p screen can display and this is also why the 3DS games ran like ass at times, but that's also GameFreaks incompetency when it comes to optimization.

Texture maps and shaders are different, but thosse are separate from the polygonal model which is exactly the same. Animations are also frame by frame exactly the same too.