My worries about Blockland as of now

Author Topic: My worries about Blockland as of now  (Read 18793 times)

i bought a vps just to host a blockland server, but it seems like i did it too late.

I have made some gamemodes that could have got some success but were never hosted because simply I was IMPEDED TO HOST them from my home, the ISP from our home doesn't allows ipv4 port fowarding, you know, because of this "ipv4 address exhaustion" thing going on, only ipv6, however, many games(including blockland) are still ipv4 only, and ipv6 isn't enabled by default on windows computers.

That  not only impeded me to host my own gamemodes but also unmotivated me to finish my gamemodes.

I have a W.I.P gamemode called Minigames Mania, as the name suggests,  is a collection of minigames that the users could play(so far I have only made two), its development has been stalled since 2017
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 03:06:56 PM by FelipeO_O_ »

Has badspot said anything about brickadia? an opnion or what not?

there's numpad controls still aka "detached mode", there's point-and-click too (which u can click and hold to drag out and place multiple bricks, using scroll wheel to add spacing), there's orbit mode which ur camera is attached to ur ghost brick while building, and there's a duplicator, resize tool (drag a 1x1 brick into whatever, or any other brick that can be resized)

the duplicator and resize tool use click-and-drag too

so much better
this and every tool has little quality of life features that makes it so much easier to use. You can middle mouse click bricks to start building with that same brick, same with paint tool to quickly select a color. You can hold Ctrl and click bricks with the dupe to expand the selection box to include them in the selection. Building really is fun.

i was about 20-30% done with a gamefandan monster RPG remake

oooooh

oooooh
codes basically done, besides custom AI for custom enemies (like floating eyes or somestuff) but even then that's pretty easy to pull off and probably doesnt need a ton of variants. the custom damage system also works, but i haven't gotten around to remaking the weapon/weapon levels n stuff.

The top third non passworded server has 2 loving people in it and the ping is at --- so the server might not work properly for some.

Geez.

eh. tbh no matter what brickadia does, blockland will always be better. hell, now since brickadia is giving blockland a run for its money, badspot might ACTUALLY update this game

I see history repeating itself.

It's TBM vs Blockland all over again.

Wait how do I play Brickadia? Nothing I can download on the website.

Wait how do I play Brickadia? Nothing I can download on the website.
For now you have to join the discord and register via a bot there. https://discord.gg/brickadia

eh. tbh no matter what brickadia does, blockland will always be better. hell, now since brickadia is giving blockland a run for its money, badspot might ACTUALLY update this game

i also heard that half life 3 is releasing soon

That shows that there has been a total of 12 players in the last 30 minutes, 41 in the last 24 hours, and 63 in the last 30 days, and that's not counting non-Steam users

That doesn't really seem "dead" to me, not yet at least

12 players makes a decent tdm playercount not a good number for total players rest is ok for a blockland weekend in 2019

i honestly think its the terrible servers that are ruining the game. everyone gets tired of merps and free builds and medieval rps. if there were better servers then there would be a lot more people playing it, then those people can make the bad servers.