Gautier00 - Plagiarism and Intellectual Theft

Author Topic: Gautier00 - Plagiarism and Intellectual Theft  (Read 34721 times)

ill at least be another voice to chip in that this is all pretty legitimate, gautier really has taken the copying that far

up to and including things like jayce's discord avatars / builds / everything else that's already been mentioned

this is out right creepy stalker stuff

honestly I've never taken nearly as much issue with gautier as other people have, and I think he's a generally respectful and friendly guy. that being said, I've never had the balls or the base to say it but his whole thing with jayce is really loving weird. magus definitely hit the nail on the head here

d-do you think gautier is.... jayce?

damn that stuff is loving creepy

yeah this is weird as forget

Who else has he taken from?

gautier is just diet coke microedge

He's taken ideas from DeadFromHeaven as well.

Me.

Jayce made a gamemode similar to SCP Secret Laboratory called CSD (Containment Station Delta), and he made some CSDs (essentially joke SCPs) with anomalous effects. I contributed my own CSD idea, and he put it in the build as something you can interact with. My CSD is a casette tape of Red Roses Too, which just makes everything around it turn red when its played on a cassette player.
Soon after Jayce starts hosting CSD- Gautier replicates it, makes his own gamemode called ACD. In Gautier's ACD, he puts an exact clone of my CSD that works the exact same way.
Gautier essentially stole my CSD, an original idea that i came up with (its anomalous properties).

Left is Jayce's CSD, with the Red Roses Too room; Right is Gautier's ACD with his replication.

He did not ask me for permission for putting it his ACD gamemode. Gautier, when I approached him about it, said that one of the people (AlexK) who helped build his ACD added it in by themselves, not Gautier himself. I have my doubts.

Another small thing I've made that he has started to copy is my Soundfont Replacements, which is where I just take MIDIs and replace the instruments in them and add some filters. I'm not going to lie, Soundfont Replacements are extremely easy to do and anyone can do it. What bothers me is the fact that Gautier doing it soon after I started making them. He even asked me to send the soundfonts that I use, and I did actually send a couple over to him, thinking nothing was gonna come from it.
He's even done a soundfont replacement of a midi that Jayce made (which was just a midi version of Dookie Dookie Panic), but called it his own track called "A New Beginning". He's changed the name back though since somebody commented "where is this midi from?".

I mean, I find it hard to take your word for this, considering that members of the tavern raided my wiki that I made for Gautier back when crystalscape was being made. Your name is in my history, and I believe it got you banned from wikia too, and it was childish overall. It's hard to side with people who actually attack other members of the community like that, simply because they dislike them.

doesn't excuse gautier of his stuff

I mean, I find it hard to take your word for this, considering that members of the tavern raided my wiki that I made for Gautier back when crystalscape was being made. Your name is in my history, and I believe it got you banned from wikia too, and it was childish overall. It's hard to side with people who actually attack other members of the community like that, simply because they dislike them.
our wikia was raided as well, not to mention jayce and gautier have made up over that in the past to my knowledge and it was never brought up again so im not sure how that could and should be used as an excuse regardless

what im wondering is why??? i would imagine if you're going to be a lil stuff there are a lot more worthwhile things to steal than some models on a 15+yr old torque3d game