Author Topic: Rallypack Weapons [WIP]  (Read 70220 times)

New update.

Changes:
- The system no longer makes any attempt whatsoever to guess your fov.
forget YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! What this means is you will not be able to use ADS until you tell the server what your FOV is with /setDefaultFOV [yourfov]. You can then opt out of ADS with /optOutADS. Once you have told the server what your preferred FOV is, it will be saved to the hosts computer so you won't have to keep doing it every time you rejoin the server. Until then it will just harass you every time you try to ADS, but will never change your FOV. The exception is the tac shield because it never changes your FOV anyway

- Recoil Patterns
Each gun now has a unique spray pattern. Weapons no longer turn the player to the left and right to simulate horizontal recoil, instead they will just land to the left and right of your crosshair respective to their pattern. If you can get your hands on support_shapelines you can activate the rwep_recoildebugger package to look at these patterns

ADS now slows you down, but provides a significant reduction to recoil.

- Sound design
Many gun sounds have been changed. Bullets now create supersonic cracks when passing by players. Your weapon will make a clicking sound when it is getting low on ammo.

- Some new guns
Two new handguns (92fs), a new battle rifle (some kind of sr-25 that's full auto), and the 300 blackout ar pistol from twitter (not really but it is a fugly sbr)

- Tagging
Getting shot slows you down temporarily

- Hold ADS
There is a new rudimentary feature that allows you to switch to hold ADS (releasing the rmb returns you to non-ads mode). This can be activated with /toggleHoldADS. This is an experimental feature which I'm pretty sure can be broken, in the future it will save your preference persistently. This will not allow you to use any secondary ADS images and I'm not sure how I'd go about implementing that without more control over the client

Minor fix: Removed a bunch of unused shapes and sounds, reduced filesize
Minor fix: Finally got around to making your weapon actually drop when you drop in ADS/reloading rather than having some weird ghost item in your inventory.
Known issue: I'm aware of the loving atrocity of errors that appears in your console when using this weapon pack. I will slowly chip away at this in future updates
Unconfirmed issue: I think sometimes if the engine stuffs itself this weapon pack can change your server's timescale. I have no evidence to suggest my pack is causing it, but I suspect it might, but if it happens to you let me know, especially if you can reproduce it.
Unconfirmed issue: ShapeBaseImageData::onMount and ShapeBaseImageData::onUnMount create errors when I tried to parent it, so I didn't. This may create an add-on conflict.

Download
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/699979232314392628/704782619560247346/Weapon_Rallypack.zip
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 02:30:09 PM by Crook »

solid weapons, solid update (modern handgun is now my new favorite weapon and hold ads is the best thing ever)
buttttt

is the hud supposed to look like this?

edit: also what happened to m1911
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 08:08:53 PM by _OXBADCODE# »

No... and that was happening on Tito's server too. No idea why. Are you the host?

I think it might have something to do with another add-on overriding the RGB to HEX functions. Maybe I'm using an outdated function.

edit: also what happened to m1911
I never made a 1911 I believe that was Zinlock's
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 08:16:07 PM by Crook »

No... and that was happening on Tito's server too. No idea why. Are you the host?

sir yes sir (friend joined to test and was seeing it too)

I never made a 1911 I believe that was Zinlock's

ah that explains it

Interesting. If it's not too much trouble could you try to host without add-ons enabled? I could just take a blind stab at making the function names unique but that sounds counter productive

Interesting. If it's not too much trouble could you try to host without add-ons enabled? I could just take a blind stab at making the function names unique but that sounds counter productive
good news, it's an add-on conflict
the add-on that breaks stuff is Script_Footsteps by Jack Noir
https://github.com/Crystalwarrior/Script_Footsteps

Yeah that'll do it lol. Thanks. I made the function names unique so this shouldn't happen anymore
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/699979232314392628/704782619560247346/Weapon_Rallypack.zip
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 02:30:16 PM by Crook »

I think I accidentally shipped some of the early framework for this feature so I'm just going to show it

Also (wip

Whatever you loving do... don't use SESE at 2AM...

Whatever you loving do... don't use SESE at 2AM...

the fortnite travis scott concert is really poppin off

Yeah fuuuuuuuUUuuUUuuck I left a bunch of echo spam in the pack when I was fixing the awesome boomington function names

anyways
https://streamable.com/dsbtgj