Bejeweled Thread

Author Topic: Bejeweled Thread  (Read 1515 times)

thread for discussing Bejeweled.

I think Bejeweled 3 is the best in the series

Personally I like Bejeweled Twist! I have kept a journal of my thoughts on it:

After the success of Bejeweled and Bejeweled 2, they released Bejeweled Twist in 2008. Basically, it is the same game as Bejeweled and Bejeweled 2, in that you match colored jewels on the board to remove them.
The 'Twist' in the game comes from the fact that movement comes from rotating 4 gems to make your matches. As you match gems, a power bar on the side increases, thus granting higher points and bonuses for more successive matches, and if you do not match consecutively, the power is reset along with your bonus.

You can also create 'special' gems, like in the original games for matching more than 3 gems at a time.

During the game, once you've past the 1st level, under the power bar is a row of gems that if you match in a particular sequence, your power and bonus is increased at a greater sequence, and if you can get it to x10, you have the opportunity to create a 'Mega' or Fruit Gem. These fruit gems when matched give massive points, as well as remove all other gems of the same color, however, missing a match in sequence, cancels the opportunity to create the fruit gems, and you have to rebuild your bonus again.

There is also the added feature of in the classic game of timed bombs, that count down each time you turn without making a match. If the bomb reaches 0, you are given a opportunity to 'defuse' the bomb by spinning a wheel, and as long as the wheel doesn't land on the bomb symbol, you can continue, however, with each succeeding bomb reaching 0, another bomb space is added to the wheel, increasing the difficulty.

Besides the classic game, there is a 'Zen' mode, that plays with no bombs, and is just for matching as long as you want to play. 'Blitz' mode is just like the 'Classic' game, except that you only have 5 min for each game.

They have also included 'Challenges'. This is a mode where you complete goals, such as creating certain 'special' gems, matching a particular color, matching so many in a row, and such as that.

Graphically, the game looks good with vibrant colors, and interesting fades and transitions between levels.

I have spent many hours with this game, and find it a good diversion from the usual fare of action/shooter games that I normally play.

Games can last anywhere from a few min to an hour or more depending upon how good and how many matches you can find. Normally my games last approx about 30 min each time.

In short, Bejeweled Twist is a fun way to kill some time, and a good addition to the Bejeweled collection.

bejeweled 2 is the best one and anyone that disagrees is a wimpy loser

Are PopCap the most ripped-off game developers of all time?

Are PopCap the most ripped-off game developers of all time?
yes, and i feel terrible for the company

bejeweled 2 is the best one and anyone that disagrees is a wimpy loser
Bejeweled 3 is the best one because of the load of content it offers for like, 5 dollars. It's also on the Xbox 360, PS Triple™, and Nintendo DS so that's a plus.

Candy Crush owes everything to Bejeweled, it is disgusting.

Candy Crush owes everything to Bejeweled, it is disgusting.
c*ndy cr*sh s*ga is a terrible video game filled with bullstuff mtx. at least the mtx in bejeweled blitz are somewhat balanced