NightHawk's Development Log - American Speedsters Released!

Poll

Should the Drifting Supra's be Right-Hand-Drive? (Steering wheel on PASSENGER side of car)

Yay! European Integration
Nay! Keep it all to one side.

Author Topic: NightHawk's Development Log - American Speedsters Released!  (Read 33969 times)

What’s the color palette thing for? Elaborate.
What.

You basically take the image below and apply a UV Texture in Blender to the details/non-colorable parts of the car.

I think this should have explained it, but it basically replaces all those png files you see in older vehicle addons (gray25, gray50, gray, light gray, brakelight, etc.), and instead, all meshes that use said non-colorable materials, are applied that material in the color palette via a texture in blender.

I thought the purpose of using separate textures for each color was so that they'd be faster to download? Or is it somehow faster to download the whole palette as a single texture rather than a bunch of small single colored textures?

I thought the purpose of using separate textures for each color was so that they'd be faster to download? Or is it somehow faster to download the whole palette as a single texture rather than a bunch of small single colored textures?
Being a single texture is better, it's still a small file, plus it optimizes the vehicle model much more, so we don't have to separate each node for the car for it's respective material.

Being a single texture is better, it's still a small file, plus it optimizes the vehicle model much more, so we don't have to separate each node for the car for it's respective material.
This, but also I just thought of trying something new. It's very nice in the end

never knew ya could do the car's colors in a single texture / file

It's that time again for another dev update.

I released a Beta update for the Suburb, including all the rough updates mentioned earlier. Additionally, I added horns to this update! Tell me what you think. Credits to Teneksi for helping me getting it working, as it uses functions from the Capital Police variant to get the horn to work.

You can download from either Blockland Online or Blockland Glass. A forum topic later will be made for the final 1.0.0 release.

The Genesis also received 3 new variants, the horn script mentioned above, and CVS!

Starting with the default variant, you have the ability to equip a push bar, and apply these custom trunks: Legacy (Left), and P71 (Right). Body top is defined in the middle. These also apply for the Taxi down below

Speaking of Taxi, here it is! Mostly inspired by the New York Cab and Co. Taxi adverts on top are randomized; there is an 80% chance your taxi will spawn with one of 4 adverts.

And my favorite part:

Second-to-last is a police variant! Also thanks to the capital, you have the ability to choose between a siren wail, yelp, or bullhorn sound effect. Numpad 2 is the Yelp, Numpad 8 is the Wail, mouse trigger toggles the bullhorn, and you can toggle the siren bar on and off with Numpad +!

There are 5 different liveries to choose from as well! Default, Sheriff (Metro Dade), HW Patrol (New York Style), State Trooper, and Security! Click to enlarge any of the photos below!

Last but not least, love it or hate it, Teneksi himself had one special request: Get DONKED ON!

Lol the “How’s my driving?” Sticker. There’s a typo on it but apart from that...

Also for taxi ads, is there a way for us to add our own ads?

Lol the “How’s my driving?” Sticker. There’s a typo on it but apart from that...

Also for taxi ads, is there a way for us to add our own ads?
oops on the typo. I’ll fix it later.

As far as ads go, DM me on discord your ideas. I’ll have a maximum of 10, there is currently four to choose from. I’m out and about right now running errands, but I’ll post the raw images here in a bit.

Here's the ads, the first two here made by my friend Kane

I imported this one from Teneksi's crown vic

And made this "got milk" spinoff
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 04:37:43 PM by Night_Hawk »

Oh dear...What am I doing at this point? Is this considered too much?
Nah...

If you use the default shift brick keybinds on the number pad, I've visually constructed a pad layout to tell you how it works. The red squares are the wheels that are affected by the spring heights.

It is also worth noting that if supershift is enabled, you can do a bunny hop with these sets, excluding numpad 1 and 3. To cancel spring modifications, press the cancel brick key (numpad 0 by default).

Fortunately, turn signals are also not affected

Code credits to Teneksi's Emperor80 to make this happen

really liking your cars dude

do you have any plans for smaller cars? for example ford ka or vauxhall/opel corsa?

really liking your cars dude

do you have any plans for smaller cars? for example ford ka or vauxhall/opel corsa?
The Ford Ka I'm holding off since I remember Filipe did a model of it in the past, but I can tell you right now looking at my list, there are at least 2 "smaller" cars considered.

With the said list, I'm having trouble deciding which one to start cause they're all great ;)

The Ford Ka I'm holding off since I remember Filipe did a model of it in the past, but I can tell you right now looking at my list, there are at least 2 "smaller" cars considered.

With the said list, I'm having trouble deciding which one to start cause they're all great ;)

then im looking forward to see the cars in the upcoming days

Might be cool to see like a Daihatsu Copen or something.

Also, I feel like either your or Filipe should make a Multipla just for the hell of it, because BL needs more wacky cars.

Had to deal with some schedule changes (started work again), but here are one of the small cars I propose: A 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee "Laredo"

The name will be Willis Buckaroo, for now. With Willis being the fictional brand for Jeep, as a tribute to Willy's Jeep. The default variant here will use an inline 6 engine sound, and I have additionally planned to do the XJ version of the Cherokee, and a 4x4 variant that will feature a V8 Engine Sound