Author Topic: Anyone just remember an old name and wondered what happened to them?  (Read 85033 times)

This is pretty much what i did as well, even made some good friends because of that :cookie:

Also, IIRC, before i even had a Steam account, i think it was Tails who would let me borrow his account so i could play Gmod or whatever because i think i was too poor at the time to buy those games myself (thanks for that, btw 👍)
Speaking of Tails, he's the second mod on the BL facebook page, added him as one on a whim. Been more mature than I have been in the past when people have asked dumb questions.

edit: Just a random shout out.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 08:16:10 PM by Soukuw »

keys have been removed you need to link them to your steam acc to play the game

you can still play non steam installs, just have to have blockland updated and steam running in the bg to complete authentication

yeah just goes to show how out of the loop I am lmao

Also, IIRC, before i even had a Steam account, i think it was Tails who would let me borrow his account so i could play Gmod or whatever because i think i was too poor at the time to buy those games myself (thanks for that, btw 👍)
That doesn't sound familiar, it's possible but you're probably mistaken :( I'll take the credit though, it's been so long we'll never know for sure.

Speaking of Tails, he's the second mod on the BL facebook page, added him as one on a whim. Been more mature than I have been in the past when people have asked dumb questions.

edit: Just a random shout out.
You're the other mod?! Imagine all that and I literally had no clue who you were.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 04:43:28 PM by tails »

You're the other mod?! Imagine all that and I literally had no clue who you were.
Lmao that's pretty funny, glad I said something.

ive been thinking about djy1991 and his crew recently. i have it in my mind that the idiots of blockland basically jump started most of the iconic gmod animation everyone loves.

idiots of blockland became idiots of gmod, which inspired the gmod idiot box, which further inspired kitty0706 for stuff like elliot goes to school and team fabulous.

just going back and looking at the credits of the idiots of gmod, alot of those dudes were blockland people:
jordguitar, jsk2003, hamburger, miga, sampapa, frodo091, bacon, and djy obviously.

definitely hoping they're all doing well. i assume life took its toll and they all got busy since icton hasn't done anything in like, 6 years. i wanted to be in the idiots of gmod so badly :(

I remember being in the Teamspeak server while they were making Idiots of Blocklandl (except i didn't have a mic back then...), you might even see me in the video

There was also a time when i played Left 4 Dead with Djy1991 and TicTac

Miss those days :(

Unfortunately haven't heard from them since, but i do on rare occasions see Djy1991 online on Steam

jordguitar, jsk2003, hamburger, miga, sampapa, frodo091, bacon, and djy obviously.
I have some of those people added on Steam, Miga and Sampapa still come online every now and then, but Djy hasn't been on in a couple of month
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 09:23:42 AM by Masterlegodude »

I remember being in the Teamspeak server while they were making Idiots of Blocklandl (except i didn't have a mic back then...), you might even see me in the video
oh yeah dude i remember. i watched those videos religiously when google video still existed. i reckon that was about a year or two before my time but watching that series made me really wish i had found blockland sooner. the lego vibe with the editor wand and the tail end of what community was left when i did finally play rtb and all that just seemed like a totally different yet familiar blockland.

very thankful i got what i did though. that very first year of retail lives rent free in my mind

i did hear sampapa apparentlys got a family now which makes me happy to hear. kind of weird to think about since i remember watching his rtb videos too. hamburger also apparently lives in finland with a family of his own

honestly, this thread is the only reason i'm glad the forums have never died, it's really cool seeing people you recognize again, and it's been a hell of a blast being able to tell people that i actually know some people who used to be active on the forums since they've become internet microcelebrities lol

i've also had people recognize me from blockland at some loving EMBARASSING times but i won't talk about that lmfao

God damn it, this thread is making me sad.

sometimes I remember the better times and think about what that Redconer guy must be up to. He was such a nerd

Yeah I miss Redconer too. He's never been the same since that car accident a few years back

Good lord. This thread makes me want to go back to the early 2010's.

Of all the names that I can recall off the top of my head, only CredsandPetrol comes up. He had hosted a Freebuild server which was the first one I ever joined back in '11. forget.  :panda:

Wish I could play this game again but since Mac support got dropped (dont blame me, blame me da who bought it in 2008... which is still alive and kicking today), I'm pretty much at a deadend.

Bump, but Nekram and Dr.Block

Kovect
CloudZero
Dr. Nope
Who Cares99
Blus

Just to name a few ;(

Eksi's server used to attract a funny crowd. I wonder if they are all still good friends?