Author Topic: controversial statement s  (Read 32220 times)

adding a fresh coat of paint to a car is like adding a fresh coat of paint to a boat. mojangs just adding new content, not changing how the fundamental game plays/fundamental focus of the game.

terraria is about progressing linearly through the game content and beating bosses while mc is more about base building and exploring a breadth of content in whatever order you want/happen to see first, rather than a linear path of them
this is a great take. both minecraft and terraria are fun games but the design flaws are obvious and can annoy me sometimes. minecraft in general is more well thought out than terraria in terms of mechanics, but terraria offers a lot of freedom and for some people the collection of arbitrary items feels empowering.

i like to look at games as what they are vs what they could be, and minecraft is a game that has very little distinction in that area. it feels like a finished product and there's not much you could add to it to make it a better game. terraria though does suffer more in that department. noita is a great example of a game that terraria could've and should've been to some extent, where all of its problems and solutions are built around building and destroying the game world. this brown townysis doesn't mean terraria is a bad game, in fact it's a great game and everyone should have it in their steam library.

adding more content doesn't exactly mean adding more content. if i made a simple fps, with a couple different weapons and maps and stuff, then tacked on pong as a different gamemode, it wouldn't be more content, even tho pong is content. if i added a 20% chance for a regular game to do something like swap keybinds or whatever, that content wouldn't make the game better. likewise, mojang adding late-game exploration to minecraft, a game that abhors late-game exploration, that doesn't make the game better.

mojang adding late-game exploration to minecraft, a game that abhors late-game exploration
huh?

huh?
the whole point of minecraft once you reach "yah i got everything i need" is "woo i just built a mansion/secret base/whatever" not "god damn it i've ran out of electra durability/netherite/ocean stuff time to spend an hour grinding in the end/the nether/the ocean"

You're looking for gaycraft it's that way, you'll fit right in --------->
You are a bitch.

it is very true that minecraft doesn't get any more complex towards the late game.

Cope, seethe, dilate, sneed, have love.
I've never seen a more 4chan post than this

starbound is space terraria (also sucks

starbound is way better than terraria wdym

its got way less mechanics bloat, way more replayability, people can get into it without spending 12 hours on a wiki page, multiplayer is individual so you don't get forgeted in the ass on a large server, no limited resources, etc etc

plus the code isn't more spaghetti than someone's first factorio playthrough so you can put mods into it without instant game break

plus the code isn't more spaghetti than someone's first factorio playthrough so you can put mods into it without instant game break
god shut the forget up. you have no idea what you're talking about. hope you enjoy json mods which can't even unload properly over having power over literally aspect of the game (and other things, because it's c#) through an actively updated modloader with special prevention for mods 'instantly breaking the game' dipstuff

starbound modders must be fuming once they make any change to the game and realize that the devs couldn't implement better unloading than something that loads and unloads changes done through loving mono.cecil and monomod

ah yes tmodloader is perfect my light modded playthrough with like 15 mods that broke doen every 15 minutes

terraria players must be pissed qhen they realize 99% of terraria is grinding and the other 1% is somewhat interesting combat with mildly variating bosses

Sup fellas. You ever heard of this game called Terraria? tML is an excellent modloader, right, but it sucks because other developers decided to make mods that didn't explicitly work together. What do you mean that's the fault of the developers?

What do you don't control several gigantic mods with little to no optimization that don't work together at all? Screw you tModLoader.