U.S.A. Politics Thread

Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 266588 times)

do you know what regulatory capture is? this is literally just what capitalism always ends up to be

corporations end up owning so much capital that it is in their financial interest to buy out other companies or politicians, it is in their financial interests to pay the worker as little as possible and rig the system of government into their favour.

The financial interest (which is the accumulation of capital) is inherent to capitalism, you cannot have it without it, it is literally defined by that. there is no form of capitalism where regulatory capture or monopolization does not occure

the fact that everything is becoming subscription based or part of a gig economy is because capitalists are finding new ways to extract more money and become more profitable and it will always be that way at the expense of 99% of the population.

the future will be basically a feudal capitalist hellhole where a small fraction of people will own the vast majority of society, this is just the logical extension of neoliberal capitalism imposed by the likes of every single US presidents economic policy ever (including donald Annoying Orange).

The reason being is because every single (or most) politicians under a capitalist system are incentivized to bend to the whim of who has the most capital. You are literally just describing traits and failures inherent to capitalism and dismissing it because it doesn't fit your world view

Aide, I commend the major effort to try to educate someone like Matthew, but I wouldn't waste your time. The only person that can save him at this point is himself.

you know technically you never really own anything in this country, if the government wants to take it, they will. Take land for example, you are basically renting it from the government until you can't pay the land tax anymore or the government wants the land back. I've said this before but there is a reason it's called the american dream : because you gotta be asleep to believe it.

Sinply kill the government officials when they come to claim what they think is theirs.

you know technically you never really own anything in this country, if the government wants to take it, they will. Take land for example, you are basically renting it from the government until you can't pay the land tax anymore or the government wants the land back. I've said this before but there is a reason it's called the american dream : because you gotta be asleep to believe it.
We are reaching copium levels that shouldn't have been possible!

Goth discovers capitalism and then proceeds to go back to being a far-right conservative. Btw, we can tell that you got the end quote from George Carlin - who was literally also a progressive.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 03:13:02 PM by Raoul Silva »

Old progressive barely represents new progressive, even so why wouldnt he be able to use the quote?

'You're either left or right >=('

Old progressive barely represents new progressive, even so why wouldnt he be able to use the quote?

'You're either left or right >=('
That and George Carlin is basically a legend, almost every word out of his mouth during his stand-up stuff is super quotable.

Goth discovers capitalism and then proceeds to go back to being a far-right conservative. Btw, we can tell that you got the end quote from George Carlin - who was literally also a progressive.
George Carlin seems like sort of an starfish imo, maybe thats just how he is on stage, idk. He really isn't even that funny either. I don't know the guy, and my views on politics are probably different from his like everyone else, but he wasn't wrong when he said that.

I'm not "far-right conservative" or a "progressive", I am a person with an opinion. If you want to go that route, you could say I'm more of a liberal with conservative views on some things, and progressive views on others. I believe that we should read our constitution and bill of rights before we decide to make unjust laws. I would have voted for Ron Paul or his son. You should watch his liberty report some time. Sure label me as "constitutionalist" or whatever, but see thats the problem. Instead of seeing people as people with differing opinions and viewpoints you label them and try to lap them together in some group of extremism. This may be true for some groups of individuals who want to portray that, but most people just want fair laws, freedom, and peace of mind while going about their daily lives. Instead we get all this bullstuff going on that causes chaos among the people because our government is divided and can't get their heads out of their asses. The media makes it even worse because now more than ever all people do is watch their programming (TV/Internet) all day.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 11:40:45 PM by Goth77 »

p sure ur a libertarian goth

In its true definition, freedom and peace, yeah those are what I believe in. However, you also need laws to keep a civilized nation. Not unjust laws that keep the nation in fear, potentially causing a revolt or make the people hate their government, but laws and "rights" that the citizen can appreciate and be glad they have a form of protection if someone is to cause them harm. The sad reality is those things are slowly fading. As I said I have conservative views on some things and progressive views on others.

For example: I am against abortion, but in cases of rape or molestation there should be exceptions for these victims
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 11:41:52 PM by Goth77 »

In it's true definition, freedom and peace, yeah those are what I believe in.
For example: I am against abortion, but in cases of rape or molestation there should be exceptions for these victims
these two statements are at odds. ur not a libertarian you're just a fundie with weed brain

these two statements are at odds. ur not a libertarian you're just a fundie with weed brain
How are they at odds? If a woman is raped or molested and ends up pregnant unwillingly, as a victim of a crime they should most certainly have the choice. Any woman that has given birth to a child as a product of rape or molestation and raised it as their own, regardless of how the child came to be, is one heck of a good hearted and strong willed person in my book. For any woman who doesn't think they can handle that, it is understandable but I would certainly hope they would at least consider adoption before abortion.

That being said, if a woman becomes pregnant unexpectedly while knowingly having consensual intercourse, they should be aware of the risks no matter how 'careful' they think they are being whilst doing so. Choosing to have love and then aborting a child because you don't feel ready to be a parent is pure bullstuff, have some responsibility.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 10:37:33 PM by Goth77 »

they'd probably be gunned down by a gun owner at some point so its for their own safety