U.S.A. Politics Thread

Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 235021 times)

im a part of friend twitter my timeline is like 50% onlyfans content

This is probably only the case because people aren't actively reporting some random person’s tweet and/or they aren’t in the ‘priority’ spotlight as Annoying Orange was. Trust me, twitter suspends people for policy violations like that all the time if enough attention is garnered for them to notice it. There’s often a lot of people I see that complain about randomly getting suspended for whatever reason while a lot of other violent and vitriolic bullstuff runs rampant across the app. Honestly it just is what it is and it's annoying on all sides.

It's less than ideal but let's be real, Twitter is a huge platform and I don't think it’s realistic for any of us to expect that they are going to have this omnipresence about it regardless of the political dichotomy.

Twitter gave a decently reasonable explanation
This is grasping at straw IMO. Just ban him cause you want to ban him, the reasoning to me is bullstuff lol

This is grasping at straw IMO. Just ban him cause you want to ban him, the reasoning to me is bullstuff lol
how is it bullstuff when like a couple of his tweets about pence made "hang mike pence" trend and then people invaded congress with zip tie cuffs to try that.

whether the intention was to incite violence or not, he did, so it's a clear violation of the TOS.

but the debate isn't centered around that, it's centered around whether the twitter rules should even have a place or not.

grasping at straws how? genuine question

how is it bullstuff when like a couple of his tweets about pence made "hang mike pence" trend and then people invaded congress with zip tie cuffs to try that.

whether the intention was to incite violence or not, he did, so it's a clear violation of the TOS.

but the debate isn't centered around that, it's centered around whether the twitter rules should even have a place or not.
Because saying conservatives will have a voice for years to come =/= please go riot and attack the capitol building fellow conservatives! Not attending inauguration also =/= please go riot and attack the capitol building fellow conservatives! All of Twitters reasonings that I read just don't add up in my head. Is there a motif I'm missing? This is like musicians being blamed for children acting out when listening to their music. He's really being held accountable for some hick cults actions?

If you actually follow Twitters interpretation then you must have brain worms and I wish you a speedy recovery

okay so respectfully before that post is picked apart did you read all of the evaluation yes or no
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 02:28:46 AM by Khaz »

I think it was absurd that twitter delivered the ultimatum that “we’ve deleted several tweets, if anything else encouraging violence is posted your account will be suspended” then the following morning they just did it anyway. they set themselves up to have a credible response and instead just had a relay race purging accounts, knowing it’d cause a mess lol

what do you mean it was absurd??? his tweets were flagged prior to even receiving the warning, he received the 12hr warning and then still kept up with the rhetoric regardless of how disingenuously dialed back he came off

there’s video evidence of him at his rally saying “we’re going to the capitol” “we have to be strong we have to fight” “we’re taking it back because blah blah blah tHeFt” knowing full well that the portion of his supporters that are braindead would take that inflammatory bullstuff a little too far. and then he let it happen by making sure capitol defense was stretched thin until it was already too late. his tweets did nothing but corroborate his rhetoric to legitimize the bullstuff. you dont put out a video/tweet to the country trying to condemn them and then call them “patriots” at the same time. i will admit that the explanation on his inauguration absence tweet is a bit of a stretch, but given their explanation as well as the surrounding context and circumstances it’s still completely within reason.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 01:53:55 PM by Khaz »

I don’t think he posted anything even close to harmful after the warning? we already knew he was having his own thing in florida on the 20th lol

its a brave new world or in this case a fear controlled new normal

I don’t think he posted anything even close to harmful after the warning? we already knew he was having his own thing in florida on the 20th lol

Here is the explanation in reference to his tweets post-riot.

The second Tweet may also serve as encouragement to those potentially considering violent acts that the Inauguration would be a “safe” target, as he will not be attending.

The use of the words “American Patriots” to describe some of his supporters is also being interpreted as support for those committing violent acts at the US Capitol.

The mention of his supporters having a “GIANT VOICE long into the future” and that “They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!” is being interpreted as further indication that President Annoying Orange does not plan to facilitate an “orderly transition” and instead that he plans to continue to support, empower, and shield those who believe he won the election.

i read 1984. good read. definitely autocratic government dystopia. though if you want something now-realistic look up huxley vs orwell
huxley's thing is corporation power and control via persuasion rather than orwell's government power and control via fear
people tend to be paranoid of the government gaining power and enslaving us all like orwell presents- because of that people tend to miss the power of the corporations
in this case that'd be twitter!
oh well. pick your poison

master matthew is trans