U.S.A. Politics Thread

Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 235407 times)

Stack up or forget off

My MDR is not on that list. I have an idea though. Wanna confiscate guns? Do it from the people that shouldn't have them first, as a test run
Lol cause they haven't updated that list since 94
Bushmaster is still on it, and that company doesn't exist anymore.

I could've stabbed 400 people that quickly.
built different

i'm sorry but you HAVE to acknowledge that a gun can easily kill more people than going on a stabbing spree, it's not even hypocritical to admit this even if you do like guns

do you really think the vegas shooter could've stabbed 400 people that quickly?

Yeah but that's just life what're you gonna do, ban all guns? Plus once the guns are banned, then knife attacks become the norm and when you hear 10+ people get knifed is it gonna be "we need common sense knife control" or do you just go well forget me

The point is, x is the most efficient Flash Mob tool, so x is used. x is banned, y becomes the most efficient Flash Mob tool, then z, then so on until the government tries to regulate forks to have quarter inch pikes so you cant stab someone w/ them idk

It becomes apparent how insignificant guns really are in the grand scheme of things when you look up the most deadly Flash Mobs of all time, where the overwhelming majority of them are not gun related. Mostly bomb or chemical. Or plane.

Yeah but that's just life what're you gonna do, ban all guns? Plus once the guns are banned, then knife attacks become the norm and when you hear 10+ people get knifed is it gonna be "we need common sense knife control" or do you just go well forget me

The point is, x is the most efficient Flash Mob tool, so x is used. x is banned, y becomes the most efficient Flash Mob tool, then z, then so on until the government tries to regulate forks to have quarter inch pikes so you cant stab someone w/ them idk

It becomes apparent how insignificant guns really are in the grand scheme of things when you look up the most deadly Flash Mobs of all time, where the overwhelming majority of them are not gun related. Mostly bomb or chemical. Or plane.

To most people, perception is reality. When they hear about shootings daily/weekly/monthly, they're going to believe them to be the biggest issue. Quantitative data will be ignored. Historical precedent and patterns will be considered "conspiracy theories".

They'll come for your guns. When shootings are no longer able to be stretched across every news cycle. Then it will be knives, or cars, or soda, or whatever is sensational.
It won't stop, because guns aren't being banned for any sane or rational reason. They're being banned because people are afraid. And people are afraid because the media has
put them into a sense of perpetual fear.

The more a person watches 24/7 news media, the more likely they are to be a shaking, terrified mess. They'll probably believe there are shooters around every corner, kidnappers and rapists in every van, tribals in every white person and whatever unhinged insane extreme perspectives you can imagine.

Especially now that the media has so many legal precedents and bullstuff laws that protect them in insane ways. But even if it didn't, we'd still be on the track to insanity.
Because fear is the key component, and over-exposure is the main tactic.

It doesn't matter if we're all that different from other countries or not. It doesn't matter what's actually the most common type of death in the U.S.
What matters is what people are afraid of. People weren't sitting around terrified after 9/11 that they'd die in a car accident. Nobody was afraid of
dying in a coal mine or coal plant after Chernobyl. People are more concerned about random people's drones spying on them than their omnipresent phone.

It's not ever been about what's actually a problem. It's about what people believe to be a problem.

It's hilarious them adding "a grenade launcher" in there next to folding stocks, pistol grips, threaded barrels and barrel shrouds, just to make the whole thing sound legitimate.

Like the average person can see right through this wacko stuff right.

Right?

I could've stabbed 400 people that quickly.
*cue benny hill theme

You'd have cops getting shot and killed en masse trying to take guns
on god? might just have to start advocating for a bill like this in that case

first they take the guns, next they take the goth girls

Yeah but that's just life what're you gonna do, ban all guns?
see my previous comment
Plus once the guns are banned, then knife attacks become the norm and when you hear 10+ people get knifed is it gonna be "we need common sense knife control" or do you just go well forget me

you cannot be as dumb as to continue to think that there will be the exact same amount of deaths if all guns where taken.

again, i think its completely unrealistic as a solution, but you cannot keep denying the reality that literally almost every other country in the world that has guns banned in some capacity has orders of magnitudes less gun violence or deaths then the USA

in all of those examples, the government regulated or changed entire industries from preventing stuff like that happening again

heard of the TSA? have you ever tried to buy any fertilizer and then they card you? theres literally hundreds of rules in place because those things happened (some of them bad some of them where extremely effective at curbing those kinds of violence)

and totaled over time, gun deaths still are a huge number. you can't be like "oh man look this honor student killed 3 people, thats NOTHING compared to 911!!!"

like there where 19,384 murders involving a firearm in 2020 ALONE[1] which is like 6x the death toll of 911 which is like the most significant terrorist attack with a plane in the past 10 years. (idk the actual death toll of plane or bomb attack over the last century you can clue me in if you do)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 07:55:04 PM by Aide33 »

feel like anyone who opposes gun ownership and sees it fit to remove all instances/tighten restriction globally in the U.S.A also dont live anywhere rural and dont think of that scenario in which enforcement figures are nowhere nearby to magically make a problem go away

feel like anyone who opposes gun ownership and sees it fit to remove all instances/tighten restriction globally in the U.S.A also dont live anywhere rural and dont think of that scenario in which enforcement figures are nowhere nearby to magically make a problem go away
Out of curiosity how much of this violence involves guns? I'd wager quite a few actually.

My favorite argument against gun violence is the fact that people can use knives, as if the two are equivalent. You can run away from someone with a knife much easier than someone with a gun, they ain't gonna throw a knife into your back like a trained assassin lol.

US has the laxest gun control of any developed nation and the highest gun death rate of any developed nation, it's not rocket science come on. And no, it's not a violation of the 2A because Billy Bob is not a member of a militia.

Out of curiosity how much of this violence involves guns? I'd wager quite a few actually.

wildlife does not care if youre pro guns or not

first they take the guns, next they take the goth girls
no, not the goth girls D:

Yeah go join a "militia" if you want guns! (Let's ignore that militias are actively targeted by government agencies and dismantled)
Yeah go join one of them "militias" (You know the ones that have been targeted by the media constantly and used to dismantle gun rights)