blockland: the community that killed the game

Author Topic: blockland: the community that killed the game  (Read 57519 times)

I haven't posted here in god knows how long, probably 6 years or so? I remember spending most of my summers as a teenager lurking, stuffposting & probably being an starfish since that's what everyone did. I decided I'd see what's going on & I'm surprised this place is as desolate as it is, though I guess most people grew out of it since the game's dead as forget & most of the starfishs & freaks took themselves to Kiwifarms.

Seeing how Blockland turned out made me sad, especially after the almighty Steam release that should've marked a new beginning for it. Can't really be shocked at how wrong I was considering how this game's community & badspot acted at the time though. I'll cherish the fun moments I had in-game & remember the laughs this forum gave me sometimes, but moving on to greener pastures & getting my ass away from this cesspool (at the time) years ago was probably my greatest decision. I was a complete & utter handicap as a teenager & I'm glad I've mellowed out since then.

The amount of disgusting creeps that inhabited this forum doesn't surprise me either, considering the amount of teenagers (myself included) that frequented this forum years ago. Strange to think calling those people out was considered taboo at the time, but I guess it's to be expected when being horrendously unfunny & edgy took priority over everything else. Badspot not dealing with them also doesn't surprise me, considering his occupation in drawing & animating research for the last decade or so. Probably makes him more money than this game ever did.

I hope you few remaining folks are doing well, seeing as this place is effectively on it's deathbed & what not.

I was watching my old YouTube videos and why is this literally what the topic is about lol

https://youtu.be/HtvpoKONswU

I remember getting this game back when I was 7 or 8 and would host Paper Mario / Super Mario RPs all the time. I would change my in game name between Paper Mario and Quenton depending on how I felt that day
I think I finally made LazyHero my name back in like, 2010 or something and it's just what I've been using ever since for everything

Never really posted much on the forums, mostly lurked and used them to download add-ons so I don't know much of the forum lore other than a few tid bits and the recent stuff that happened
Still, this game was pretty much my first online community I was apart of and I'll never forget that, love ya guys <3

speaking of creeps, let's highlight emo freak making weird and inappropriate comments about other users in the IRL photos thread.

Emo Freak was genuinely creepy. Posting exhibitionist photos in the IRL pictures topic and flirting with literal children.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 02:27:38 PM by Ceist »

This whole thread is just evidence as to why parents should monitor what their children do and access online.

This whole thread is just evidence as to why parents should monitor what their children do and access online.
when i was first playing games on the internet my mom expressly forbade me from using text chat whatsoever. i thought she was super overreacting but damn was she right the whole time

Flip side of what most people are saying in this topic: If I didn't have this place I feel like I'd be forgeted, maybe I would have found a better outlet but I really don't think so. This place was a home that wasn't 4chan. Probably better right?

Not that all of 4chan is bad but I'm a /b/ and /r9k/ kinda guy.

gotta say wow, this community made me an awful loving person for a few years, and i apologize for the slurs and to everyone i was an starfish to during my time here. i attached to the "idolizing being a huge starfish" culture super loving hard and had to unlearn that for a very long time. feel especially guilty since i almost certainly inspired a few people to follow in my footsteps after i was gone. forget
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 01:45:18 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

holy stuff, you're alive
i remember when you first left people (esp ur friends) were wondering where the hell you went

glad to see you've reminisced a bit and changed your tune

Flip side of what most people are saying in this topic: If I didn't have this place I feel like I'd be forgeted, maybe I would have found a better outlet but I really don't think so. This place was a home that wasn't 4chan. Probably better right?

what a horrible choice of boards

Literally the two worst goddamn boards on that godforsaken website. /b/ is literally nothing but research these days, so wtf is wrong with you?

the brain worm is working they’re all friends now

what a horrible choice of boards
Literally the two worst goddamn boards on that godforsaken website. /b/ is literally nothing but research these days, so wtf is wrong with you?
I like gay furry research but you both entirely missed the point of my post good job.
the brain worm is working they’re all friends now
If you're referring to 4chan: Everyone on 4chan was a friend and always has been. Surprise a bunch of dudes who like watching cartoon slice of life high school level romance/drama end up gay. 4chan has always been the male equivalent to a women's mid life crCIA.