Author Topic: GTA:IV to be released in 10 Days.  (Read 5036 times)

i was talking about robbing a shop :D

You do know that the whole installing deal gives the PS3 more frames per second.

blue ray itself is fine yeah, but dont it only work at its best speeds when used on a blueray disk? it will read a dvd just as fast any any dvd player could i thought.

at least as of now, i don't think games are on blueray yet. that will be very soon im sure. the competition has been blown away lol
They are on Blu-Ray on PS3, that's why the disks say Blu-Ray on them.

Q: Why does PS3 require you to install stuff onto the console and Xbox don't?
A: I don't know really, I don't really like PS3, and I don't know why you need to install stuff onto the console just to play GTA:IV.  It has been confirmed it's mandatory and could take up to 5 minutes or longer.  That's why I love Xbox, just an insert and play  :cookie:.

You also have to insert money every month!  Yay!  That makes it better, right?  God forbid you have to waste five minutes of your life installing something when you can just get a job, work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and pay for the Xbox Live membership...But your mommy probably just buys yours, so no worries.

I'm pretty sure I'm the one paying $60 every year.  On top of other stuff for Xbox live, like points for example.  Unless the bank is paying for me.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 06:35:59 PM by UsernameWTF »

I don't understand why people pay for console gaming..

So your paying for a Internet connection and the access to the internet via your xboxthingy

Whats wrong with waiting for the pc version, witch will always be better* and paying less?

*unless if its a crappy port

So your paying for a Internet connection and the access to the internet via your xboxthingy

Whats wrong with waiting for the pc version, witch will always be better* and paying less?

Well, for one thing, theres not cheaters on Xbox Live since anyone with hacked firmware? firmwire? gets auto-banned.

Q: Why does PS3 require you to install stuff onto the console and Xbox don't?
A: I don't know really, I don't really like PS3, and I don't know why you need to install stuff onto the console just to play GTA:IV.  It has been confirmed it's mandatory and could take up to 5 minutes or longer.  That's why I love Xbox, just an insert and play  :cookie:.

You also have to insert money every month!  Yay!  That makes it better, right?  God forbid you have to waste five minutes of your life installing something when you can just get a job, work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and pay for the Xbox Live membership...But your mommy probably just buys yours, so no worries.

I'm pretty sure I'm the one paying $60 every year.  On top of other stuff for Xbox live, like points for example.  Unless the bank is paying for me.

Woo hoo, points that do nothing!  That's worth $60 a year!

I really don't understand the appeal of Xbox Live.

Well, for one thing, theres not cheaters on Xbox Live since anyone with hacked firmware? firmwire? gets auto-banned.
uh hai? most games feature a BAN command or button

specs for shiggles, and discussion

Processor: Three-core custom IBM PowerPC; each core at 3.2GHz
Ram: 512 MB GDDR3
Video card: Custom ATI 500MHz
Media: DVD with possible add-on HD DVD

PS3
Processor: 7 Cell Processor each at 3.2GHz
Ram: 256MB of 700MHz GDDR3; 256MB of XDR
Video card: 1.8 TFLOPS RSX GPU
Media: Blu-ray

Wii:
Processor: IBM "Broadway" 729MHz
Ram: 512MB flash memory
Video card: ATI Hollywood 243MHz
Media: 12cm disks

PC:
pffff
lol
lol
lol

ps3 confusing as its CPU and GPU are kind of one unit :\ using cell features instead of cores. and such things that cant be compared well to other hardware.

This topic is for discussion on GTA IV. Please take your pointless bull and trolling somewhere else. Thanks.

GTA IV hasn't even been announced for the PC. It may not come at all since "Hot Coffee" forced Rockstar to stop supporting mods.
I still think it will come out for PC, don't get me wrong. But I highly doubt the online will run as smooth and enjoyable.
16 different computers all running a game differently while at the same time trying to sync up with each other is not nearly as easy as 16 identical consoles running on a solid network.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 08:17:31 PM by Sumohz »

on that note. is there even a pc date at all? (or hopefully news of it ever being on pc lol)

Please note that the 360 was released in 2005. Back in '05, the above average PC didn't have specs as good. Hell, the 7800GTX was top of the line!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 08:13:16 PM by Sumohz »

PS3

Wii:

PC:
pffff
lol
lol
lol

ps3 confusing as its CPU and GPU are kind of one unit :\ using cell features instead of cores. and such things that cant be compared well to other hardware.
It's funny how Sony uses stuff like cell processors and measures in Tflops, which are very hard to compare to other things. Nobody actually know what a cell processor is, it just sounds good, and when was the last time you ever heard of someone measuring their computer's performance in TFLOPS?

PS3

Wii:

PC:
pffff
lol
lol
lol

That's funny, my PC beats the 360.

floating point operations per second = flops
not really a hardware speed, but an operations speed. how supercomputers are judged on efficiency.
flops are compared on a wattage/calculations use ratio and a dollar/calculations ratio to.

teraflop = 1 trillion flops
a single flop is an operation/calculation of.....your developers choice i guess.

you cant get a proper megahertz reading from a multiprocessor machine (dual cores are not the same thing)(this is why they call them cells on the ps3)
so they start measuring in flops. but the ps3 is near 1000 times faster then the ps2. the video processing sure is faster, but not quite by that much.

university's were using ps3s to run calculations for them in labs. its just much cheaper then buying yourself more supercomputers
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 11:55:31 PM by Bisjac »