Author Topic: How to package decals  (Read 207459 times)

Sure, a BSD license would be great, but the GPL license will suffice for most users here unless they are designing military weapons systems or plan on packaging it up and selling it to their friends. I realize it's a bit more complex than that but it's basically the limit of what the average user needs to be worried about.

Look, I really don't buy the idea that shouldn't use a piece of software because it's license is restrictive. I still use autocad for schoolwork despite the fact I can only use it on one computer and will lose it as soon as I'm out of college, so there isn't really a great reason why you shouldn't use a piece of software that will allow you to, at the very least, make a decal.

I'd apreciate if next time you would post a link to an image editor under that license so that we could use it. I couldn't find one in my 30 seconds of looking around wikipedia, but I'm sure you've got a great program that is also cross-platform will run on everyone's macs and windows pcs.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, please don't say "long story" to me again. I find it insulting. I don't have a problem reading a couple of paragraphs if it means I can actually understand your point of view. Since you wouldn't give me the story, I just looked it up somewhere else, and it might not be representative of what you wanted to say.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 08:56:26 AM by Wedge »

I'll just add the decals and/or prints to existing decal/print packs.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:38:06 AM by dkamm65 »

Can you help me i can't get it to work.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 10:31:26 AM by mazeribot »

Theres something you should add to the tutorial, when you make a print/decal that goes to the edge of the picture, it will usually mess up and go to the sides of the Body/Face/Brick. A way I found to fix this is to add an outline, then clear it, creating a space that will stop the picture from going off to the sides of your Body/Face/Brick.

can you make a video for this?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 10:31:46 AM by mazeribot »

i did evrything i dont get it

i dont get it i did evrything

i dont get it i did evrything

Well what are you trying to do?

i have an idea make a vid on youtube about how to do it and put a link on here

i have an idea make a vid on youtube about how to do it and put a link on here

No, because the description works perfectly fine. Unless you are a completely unintelligent fool, you'll figure it out.

Now, tell me what it is you're trying to do so I can help you.

how do you create decals in the first place?
i tried to make one with paint. plus i dont know how to make .zip files from scratch i can only make text,normal files, etc. but not .zip files. can anyone explain this to me?

problem fixed
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 05:07:53 PM by goobler402 »

how do you create decals in the first place?
i tried to make one with paint. plus i dont know how to make .zip files from scratch i can only make text,normal files, etc. but not .zip files. can anyone explain this to me?

To make decals, just draw one.

To make .zip files, get WinRAR.

To make decals, just draw one.

To make .zip files, get WinRAR.
well i didnt buy winrar but i can still use it.......
any guides for how exactly to get .zip files out of winrar?
or could i just read some guide off of wikipedia or google?
problem solved
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 05:08:38 PM by goobler402 »

You can go on your desktop, right-click, and go to "New" and then "WinRAR ZIP archive".

You can go on your desktop, right-click, and go to "New" and then "WinRAR ZIP archive".
thanks regulith! : )