Author Topic: Blockland Degrading?  (Read 9215 times)

How about we do not do any reputation stuff and go by hand like we have been doing all this time. Like Ryk said. There is always a way to break everything. It is a matter of finding out how that will be the challenge.

what good is a rep going to do?
do we now ban or kick people right away? do we know not to give admin to them? because you know how we all love to give admin to random people anyway.

this does not make sense on blockland. its just another way for you guys to claim your superiority over others.
and yes it is...that is how this topic came up, in a topic about high noob counts.

I have to say Blockland is actually getting better, and this is my logic:

There are several facts that I don't think you can deny:
Most long term players are older because they don't get bored so fast, and they find more ways to have fun.
As more players join, a certain part of them are older, and the larger amount is younger.
Older players are often "higher quality".

From this you can conclude:
As time goes on, many new players will come, and a few of those players are "good", and in that time younger players who have played for a little while start to stop playing.  So as time goes on, more and more better players are coming into the game, at a faster and faster rate.

It's just that the lower ids have already been croped out to only "good people".

Or you can look at it like this:
I think my ID (2156) is in the lower 15% (give or take) of active ids.  Since your problems are with people who are 3,000 id or higher, then your by far outnumbered.  It's the whole "You think the whole world is wrong and you are right, are you so sure that it is infact you that are right, instead of the world is right, and you are the one wrong?" senerio.

Any way, your wrong.

When RTB 2 is out for some time I'll introduce an intelligent reputation system for blockland with a starter set of voters.

I just want to keep idiots away from the good servers,
just imagine it like this:

- PlayerA starts with a reputation value of 500
 - PlayerB starts with a reputation value of 500
 - PlayerC already has a reputation value of 620

- PlayerA gives PlayerB a bad rating.
 - PlayerB now has a reputation value of 490. (deducted by 10)  (PlayerA Rep / 50 = RatingPower) (500 / 50 = 10)
 - PlayerC gives PlayerB a good rating.
 - PlayerB now has a reputation value of 502. (increased by 12) (620 / 50 = 12)
@@ one day day passes
 - PlayerA now has a reputation of 500 (current rep + 5 + current rep / 100) (happens every 24 hours) (500 + 5 + 500/100 = 510) (+10)
 - PlayerB now has a reputation of 512 (502 + 5 + 502 / 100 = 512) (+10)
 - PlayerC now has a reputation of 625 (625 + 5 + 625 / 100 = 636) (+11)

This way a high rep player will have a faster rising reputation and a low rep player rep will raise slower.
This will give players that have been rated badly a chance to raise up again and get better (friendler? less spammier?)
There will also be some players that are awarded a special rating power, it will be mainly players that have proven to be using their brain. They will have about 5 times more rating power.

Just an idea, quite easy to establish.
This rating system could be based on 2 levels as well.  1 will be an overall rating.  The other will be for the given server.  In this way, it could prevent noob rating orgies to a small degree.  It could also signify ones respect on a server.

not a bad idea.

as for the complains bisjac spoke:
 - Blocking out players depending on their reputation. (Leaving a message in a box that the player didn't get in cause of it)
 - Blocking out of players can be undone in the server settings, so even players with bad reputation can join a server, when the server host wants them too.

Also, I think I should make the global reputation unknown to the single users and players, just giving them some rough categorys.

Or how about reputation will never happen in a thousand years, so just stop trying.

Or how about reputation will never happen in a thousand years, so just stop trying.
I've just stated an fictional construct of a possible reputation system.
I'm just openly thinking about a possible way to make some changes that will surely happen in the blockland community, a bit more fortunate for everyone.

I don't really mind about the new players. I'm just saddened by how disdainful and full of itself I've realised this community has been to each other and everyone else, in both the older and more recent members(but especially the older members now).

I think BadSpot should put a age rating on this game, like more than 14 or somthing

That'd decrease his profits

I'm sick to god of all you stuck up asses that keep whining about how Blockland is becoming infested with 7 year olds. Sure, I'm tired of only weird people coming on my server, but hey, I'm dealing with it. Why? Because this game makes little kids think its about LEGO and beg to their parents asses for it.

tl;dr: Stop whining, if you hate the fact that it's overrun, get a private server or leave.

wonder what it was like in the stone age, back when insted of legos, they riped apart animals and used their bones as lincen logs, back when instead of internet they had single modum cpus that stored on floppy disks, when instead of robots they had construction workers, ahh, a simpler time