Author Topic: Blockland Degrading?  (Read 9245 times)

Wow, if the stoneage is the peak, then we are so far downhill, we're just sitting in Level seven of hell.

Or his new socks don't fit?

Could be. That makes me pretty pissy too. :/

Because we are impatient annoying pricks that want things back to the way they where before the huge ID increase.

Agreed.

Could be. That makes me pretty pissy too. :/

Agreed.

Communities just always get idiots and lots of them. I am sure that idiots would exsist if we only had 2k people.

I don't wear socks :D
or underwear :D

I don't wear socks :D
or underwear :D
Tails, this is creepy :3

Communities just always get idiots and lots of them. I am sure that idiots would exsist if we only had 2k people.
I'm sure they would exist with 20.
Tails, this is creepy :3
Just the way he said it, I'd have to agree.

*sits back and enjoys his 5082 ID*
Blockland is fine.
I'm loving the Wrench Events, and servers are good for getting the occasional good save, and then taking it back to a single player game and having at it.

I play single player games the majority of my time on blockland.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Whatevs.

thanks to this topic i have a reason for the fact that i always have horible grammer

its simple

i must always be pissed

When RTB 2 is out for some time I'll introduce an intelligent reputation system for blockland with a starter set of voters.

I just want to keep idiots away from the good servers,
just imagine it like this:

- PlayerA starts with a reputation value of 500
 - PlayerB starts with a reputation value of 500
 - PlayerC already has a reputation value of 620

- PlayerA gives PlayerB a bad rating.
 - PlayerB now has a reputation value of 490. (deducted by 10)  (PlayerA Rep / 50 = RatingPower) (500 / 50 = 10)
 - PlayerC gives PlayerB a good rating.
 - PlayerB now has a reputation value of 502. (increased by 12) (620 / 50 = 12)
@@ one day day passes
 - PlayerA now has a reputation of 500 (current rep + 5 + current rep / 100) (happens every 24 hours) (500 + 5 + 500/100 = 510) (+10)
 - PlayerB now has a reputation of 512 (502 + 5 + 502 / 100 = 512) (+10)
 - PlayerC now has a reputation of 625 (625 + 5 + 625 / 100 = 636) (+11)

This way a high rep player will have a faster rising reputation and a low rep player rep will raise slower.
This will give players that have been rated badly a chance to raise up again and get better (friendler? less spammier?)
There will also be some players that are awarded a special rating power, it will be mainly players that have proven to be using their brain. They will have about 5 times more rating power.

Just an idea, quite easy to establish.

Then a bunch of noobs will be like "LOL LETS KEEP GIVING EACHOTHER AESOME RATINGS" and the whole thing breaks.

If there is a way to break it, you can be sure thousands of morons will spend their days breaking it.

Well gmod has that kinda thing on the tab menu

Maybe one rating per day ?

Then a bunch of noobs will be like "LOL LETS KEEP GIVING EACHOTHER AESOME RATINGS" and the whole thing breaks.

If there is a way to break it, you can be sure thousands of morons will spend their days breaking it.
There are some counter measures for that, for example, PlayerA can give PlayerB a rating only once per month.
And when a player gets to many positive ratings one after another in a short amount of time the system will mark him for inspection, resulting in punishment in most cases.

Ah, I'll make it so you can only give 10 ratings each day.

And by the way, it will only be two ratings possible, good or bad.
Maybe one rating per day ?
yeah, comparable above.

(happens every 24 hours)
Eh, I wouldn't do it like that... An inactive person who joined six months ago would get increasing amounts of reputation for doing nothing at all, while a new person today would get nothing?

True, let's make it going to a maximum of 500 rep.