Poll

Which feature would you most like to see in RTB next?

Friends List + Messaging [1-2 Months Dev Time]
167 (78.4%)
Online/Ingame Gallery System & Save Repository [2-3 Months Dev Time]
20 (9.4%)
Online/Ingame Clan System [4-5 Months Dev Time]
26 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 212

Author Topic: Return to Blockland v3  (Read 109861 times)

That's what I meant, If you are a kid on BL then you'll want to find your other douche bag friends so you can all join the same stuff server at once.

Packer Wins post 1000.
Sometimes I prefer to only talk to BL people while playing BL. Often when I'm talking to other people and in deep thought, some person will be like "Hey Chrono haven't talked to you in awhile! Wanna join my server?" and I don't want to feel bad by ignoring them.

Edit: Though most would probably want Gallery next, as nice as it would be, seeing a clan system (and being able to make server mods to interact with it) would be interesting.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 08:28:38 PM by Chrono »

i like the idea of a clan system, but i think we would need a rtb clan server(a server that has a room for every clan, so they can have meetings and show off their skills to the public

i like the idea of a clan system, but i think we would need a rtb clan server(a server that has a room for every clan, so they can have meetings and show off their skills to the public
Random Ram!
I thought you quit!

I don't think RTB would host clan servers, but we would provide separate galleries for clans to exhibit their work.

not so much a indivitual server for every clan but a genral " server for the clans"

On the topic of the Friends List, how do you go about adding friends to the list itself?

I had the thought that maybe adding a sort of button to the Player List (F2) would be helpful, basically like the trust invite.
'Nuff said.

'Nuff said.
Even if this isn't made as a default feature, with the fact that all add-ons must not be compiled, someone could easily make the add friend button on the f2 window with minimal effort.

So things from RTB have been a bit quiet recently. I'll make a post about it on the RTB website/blog in a bit, but here's the skinny:

I've pretty much just nailed the last outstanding bug but due to some .gft (font files) that need to go into BL v13 for mac/otherOS users RTB3 is now going to be released pretty much at the same time as v13. I know I've said that before but now I literally am just sitting here with a finished RTB and no fonts, so it looks pretty good that it'll be on time now. Direct all questions regarding the release date of BL v13 to my private email.

just sitting here with a finished RTB

Aw, you two get bonding time together. Nice private e-mail though.

Mod Bot wants attention too truce.

So things from RTB have been a bit quiet recently. I'll make a post about it on the RTB website/blog in a bit, but here's the skinny:

I've pretty much just nailed the last outstanding bug but due to some .gft (font files) that need to go into BL v13 for mac/otherOS users RTB3 is now going to be released pretty much at the same time as v13. I know I've said that before but now I literally am just sitting here with a finished RTB and no fonts, so it looks pretty good that it'll be on time now. Direct all questions regarding the release date of BL v13 to my private email.
Now you just need to add the konami code in.

I'd thought I would throw out a suggestion.

How about having a program that runs outside of Blockland for RTB Connect and such.
It would be able to talk to people that are ingame like a messenger.

I'd thought I would throw out a suggestion.

How about having a program that runs outside of Blockland for RTB Connect and such.
It would be able to talk to people that are ingame like a messenger.
It's called Windows Live or Steam. I facepalmed.

It's called Windows Live or Steam. I facepalmed.
You should be able to connect through any of these clients:
http://xmpp.org/software/clients.shtml

If we're still doing it through Jabber.

You should be able to connect through any of these clients:
http://xmpp.org/software/clients.shtml

If we're still doing it through Jabber.

Yeah but I'll be heavily customising the server software so it won't be conforming to XMPP standards, which might cause problems with normal (non-rtb) clients trying to connect to it. We'll see, anyway.