Poll

Which feature would you most like to see in RTB next?

Friends List + Messaging [1-2 Months Dev Time]
167 (78.4%)
Online/Ingame Gallery System & Save Repository [2-3 Months Dev Time]
20 (9.4%)
Online/Ingame Clan System [4-5 Months Dev Time]
26 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 212

Author Topic: Return to Blockland v3  (Read 109857 times)

This was done by design to reduce hype. For example if someone submitted "Coolest Add-on Ever" and just made loads of sweet screenshots but the actual script did nothing - loads of people would see this and get mega excited. Then if we failed it due to the bad script, we'd get a bunch of complaints and a general backlash from people.

People only see the amount of files that are in the Holding Tank, which causes confusion as to why we're not approving them. I think only the moderators should be able to see the Holding Tank at all - most of the Add-Ons at the time that topic was posted had open issues which we couldn't do anything with until they were fixed.

Alternately, let people view the open issues to discourage them from downloading the links people keep posting in Add-Ons while their broken things aren't approved.

The submission system is good as it is. IMO.

This was done by design to reduce hype. For example if someone submitted "Coolest Add-on Ever" and just made loads of sweet screenshots but the actual script did nothing - loads of people would see this and get mega excited. Then if we failed it due to the bad script, we'd get a bunch of complaints and a general backlash from people.
I just meant those who worked on the add-on, not everyone.

We are just about a week away from closing the RTBv2 system for good. This is your final chance to get any add-ons you want off the old system before they are all irreversibly deleted.
Quick! Get as many as we can! Then hold the community hostage with them!

Quick! Get as many as we can! Then hold the community hostage with them!

Yes! I've already got.... Let me count.... Four! I have Four!

EDIT:
We are just about a week away from closing the RTBv2 system for good. This is your final chance to get any add-ons you want off the old system before they are all irreversibly deleted.

So v13 is coming out in about a week?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:48:15 AM by Thorax »

Oh, I thought this was the add on section. I about peed myself.

Oh, I thought this was the add on section. I about peed myself.
I made that mistake once, and I was currently sick with Diarrhea. That was a really messy incident D:

Since we're getting close to the RTB3 release, I'm wondering which upcoming features you guys would most like to see. I've created a new poll and included estimated development time required. Here's a brief run-down of each one:

Friends List and Messaging
This would work much like Steam Chat. You would be invited to register an account within Blockland which would pretty much be directly linked to your ID. Other people can then search your ID or name and request to be friends. Once you accept, you can both see eachother's online status, send eachother messages, see what servers your friends are on etc.

Gallery System
The Gallery System would be an online and ingame feature for people to upload .bls saves and screenshots. People can then rate them and we'd have a "build of the week" based on ratings. You would be able to upload to the gallery system from ingame or via our forums. Finally, when loading bricks in a server, you'd have the option to "Load from Web" at which point you'd be able to browse save files on the Gallery System and load them direct to the server.

Clan System
This is big. It would allow clans to register themselves on the RTB Forums which would give them access to their own forums where they can create new forum areas and categories. They can configure ranks and assign those ranks special permissions like forum moderator. This would then be tied into the downloads system so there would be clan-only add-ons. It is a very big system with lots of configurable options. Hopefully it would be possible to tie this into the friends list system so clans could have their own chatrooms.

I'd like to see the friends system first out of all of them - I think I'd be using it the most out of any of those features.

FRIENDS LIST AND MESSAGING! Yeah! :D

Friends and messaging because people will use it most.

If anything, "Friends List and Messaging" would be the way to go.

Well, I sure am glad everyone voted for the Friends List because I'd already done so much work for it. Looks like a near-unanimous vote too.