Author Topic: Brick Physics Preview  (Read 96936 times)

Kompressor has been laboring on this in secret, and now it's all pretty much "working".  There is still testing to be done and bugs to be fixed.

Do you just mean secret from the community, or did he keep it secret from all and surprise you with it?

Do you just mean secret from the community, or did he keep it secret from all and surprise you with it?

I'm sure Badspot knew.

Omfg this is cool. Blockland has changed so much

Can you script in this new physics engine?  Is it integrated right into torquescript?

What would some of the code look like?

Can you script in this new physics engine?  Is it integrated right into torquescript?

It scripts exactly the same as when you fakekill a brick in the current version of Blockland.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 11:50:21 PM by kompressor »

Kompressor, I love you.

I was wondering, when you have a large skyscraper and you wreck the bottom with the rocket launcher, does the whole building go down, or does the bottom floor break a bit and the rest of the building float?

I was wondering, when you have a large skyscraper and you wreck the bottom with the rocket launcher, does the whole building go down, or does the bottom floor break a bit and the rest of the building float?

no, he ran out time.

Wait, he had a time limit.

Betcha v11 comes out christmas.

Naw, Badspot wouldn't go for that. Bet v11 will come out january 2nd.

Can it work with vehicles too?

Can it work with vehicles too?

Explain. how would it work with vehicles?

Not as far as I know. SOmeone jsut needs to make a mod then when a vehical bits a brick, it breaks and slows down the car.

Bet v11 will come out january 2nd.
Wait for a day and it would come out on my birthday if that where true.

Looks freaking epic! One of the best parts is, I didnt see the slightest bit of lag, even though some of those explosions were pretty big. Just one question, and maybe its been asked before, how will this affect the zombies mod? Have they been tested together?  Since when zombies break through a wall, they just fakekill the brick and keep moving. I doubt that they will be able to crash through the bottom of a wall and keep going, if the weight of twenty other bricks is on top?

Anyway I can't wait!