Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3916694 times)

Because it takes a hell of a lot more than that to get a 3D job in the gaming industry?
I bet.

tf2 cart (View in 3D)

Very nice cart, probably I wouldn't bevel the flat area on the cart. It would be more consistent with the rest.

Also decrease the verticles on the wheels.

p3d:
Allowing all of the flaws in someones models to be scrutinized from any angle.

I usually free hand it

But please don't become the typical teen and only model guns.
why is everyone modeling guns these days

Agreed.

Also decrease the verticles on the wheels.
Something weird is also on the back of the wheels...

2000 samples, rendered in 12 minutes.

Im finished with the Glock model. If anybody would be so kind as to finish up the process by adding the mount points or whatever showing where the Blockhead holds it and where the bullet comes out that would be awesome, as I do not currently know how. Here is the .dae file.

I think my video card is killing its self or something.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 09:14:31 PM by nienhaus1 »

Ok, so I got the dts exporter working, I thought, and I got the mount point and muzzel point set, but when I try to export it says "python error: check console". Ughhhh. What can I do to fix it/figure out what's wrong.

I'm assuming you spelled muzzlePoint wrong, if not; this thread may help you.

I'm assuming you spelled muzzlePoint wrong, if not; this thread may help you.
muzzelPoint and mountPoint are both spelled right in the model. I didn't do anything with parents or empties before, so that's probably the problem. Now I cant find an option though. Under the section about parents in that tutorial, it says for me to select the armatures, then press object then relations. I don't see anywhere where it says relations. Here's a screenie.

EDIT: I'm stupid, I spelt it muzzelPoint You were right xD I still need help with the relations thing though.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:42:39 AM by MrLoganator111 »

Wait, nvm. I got it in game, but I think i forgot to re-size it...

EDIT: For the sake of being cool, im leaving it that way. lol.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:13:52 PM by MrLoganator111 »

dam that sure looks DANGEROUS

dam that sure looks DANGEROUS
Haha. I think I'm going to make it fire Rockets.

On another note, I'm working on a Mac 10 now. Note to self: remember to resize the Mac 10. lol.