Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3853946 times)

The Solitary Burger

a Coming-Of-Age story by William Owen Fowlkes

almost done with the Medium Lod model, just need to add some doodads and the trigger, not sure if i should add a stock.

any ideas?
Guys i still need help :/

I don't really understand it as a design, how is it held or whatever?

As for textures, I suggest looking up a couple tutorials for making TF2 style textures. Then, you'd want to bake any shadows onto the textures and use those, so it looks super cool.

well i get i need textures for it :P but i was asking if i should make the stock and trigger one piece.

also this is what it's based on:

I still need to work on the high and low LOD models ;-;

I think the handle and stock are separate, you just sorta jam the handle on the bottom and the stock on the back. That's what I'd do.

Also, I sorta prefer the design of the body in the concept art to the changes that it looks like you made. I'm not sure if you want to do anything about that, but I guess I just can't help but compare the model to the concept art. (I assume you'd make it spot on in the high LOD version) Anyway, it looks good; a lot better now that I understand how it'll look when it's done.

-snip-
any good tutorials on animating for blockland?
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=66763.0
Unfortunately all of the images are gone.

I still need to work on the high and low LOD models ;-;

Not sure I understand, why are you making a medium LOD?

presumably for medium graphics settings

Traditionally you start with the highest and just run a decimate or similar though?

so i can use it for the high Lod model next
for low Lod models i just sticked with remaking it as if it were for BL, only not "blocko"

I'm considering remaking the actual body into a more minigun like one

What pipeline are you using, how will you make your normal maps?

"Holy Sausage," or "Holy stuff"

You decide!

Filipe that looks amazing!