The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3837575 times)

dont even model just do it by typing characters into a notepad file and saving it as .dts

We're in 2017 and this dude is already in 4017

dont even model just do it by typing characters into a notepad file and saving it as .dts

We're in 2017 and this dude is already in 4017

there was someone i remember who manually made dts files by writing the coordinates and data by typing. i forgot his name but it loving shocked me hard

there was someone i remember who manually made dts files by writing the coordinates and data by typing. i forgot his name but it loving shocked me hard
how do you even do this
it seems complicated and annoying

its practically impossible, this guy probably was faking you unless you mean he was doing a .blb

dts isnt a formatted text file like blb or whatever, it has actual compression schemes and string table creation so you cant just write one by hand. .blbs you can tho, and that actually was how bricks were originally made before badspot released the first obj-to-blb, so if it was that yeah its possible but its goddam hard and props to the dude for slogging through it
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 02:35:20 AM by Conan »

Ok so I cheated a bit by making the lanes function as offramps but it fits in a 256x256 envelope and will only require 7 unique bricks so that works for me.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:57:06 AM by TheArmyGuy »

add propellers on the columns and you got a flying vehicle

holy forget thats god tier

(click the picture for a treat)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 11:58:21 AM by Filipe »

real men write machine code to make models for them

real men write machine code to make models for them
A true artists selectively hold a piece of radioactive material near their hard drive and using the radiation selectively alters the magnetic surface of it to form their desired model.

crash killed innocent wildlife and he should go to prison for life