The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3772520 times)

how many schedules are you on right now to make them float so nicely
just one, and i think the smoothness comes from the jets

commentless its only like 20 lines, with comments it does look a lot more intimidating

if anyone else has any other questions about coding/making this sort of stuff, feel free to ask. always happy to help out

How do you script good
took me like 5000 hours of sucking richard at it in order to consistently code things i am satisfied with today
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 01:40:52 AM by Gytyyhgfffff »

most of the code is pretty self explanatory due to the good naming of functions and variables. i dont think you need that many comments

i gotta say the bobbing part is actually the most interesting thing there. it's such an important visual cue that the penguins are actually flying around instead of just staticly hovering. most people wouldn't have even thought of doing that but for some reason you did and it's a win
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 02:39:49 AM by PhantOS »

i completely forgot you can make bots use jets and thus not stutter fly when it comes to client prediction. ty for reminder.

also @ phanto: sometimes comments are used to show/record intent, eg “this piece of code is intended to make the bot fly haphazardly to make it a challenge to hit”, so your future self/other readers can go “oh right that’s what i was trying to do” when skimming the code
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 02:46:23 AM by Conan »

most of the code is pretty self explanatory due to the good naming of functions and variables. i dont think you need that many comments
lol i hardly comment my code, just did it for the post

i have like maybe 100 comments for the 20k lines i've written (including datablock bullstuff (there's like 600+ that i've made), so that's inflated by a lot) for this project so far
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 11:40:09 AM by Gytyyhgfffff »

that penguin looks pretty high poly/fidelity...

that penguin looks pretty high poly/fidelity...
i traced some penguin clipart for it with The Polygons

what the penguinometer does is show various attacks that the penguin boss is currently executing. only the penguin will have it, and it serves no functional purpose other than being a cool visual flare that's off to the side

love making little detail stuff like this

might be prettier if you build a penguin in blockland really quick and use that silhouette, idk anything about BL tho

might be prettier if you build a penguin in blockland really quick and use that silhouette, idk anything about BL tho
will try out, thanks for the suggestion!

you planning on making other batman villains or just the pro penguin

probably not, once this project is done blockland will probably be dead and i'll probably be too busy with life stuff in order to dev further