Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3772099 times)

i use sketchup specifically because it lines everything for you

aligning can kind of be a pain in blender. if I can't snap to vertex then usually I just estimate because I doubt anyone will notice
can you not use coordinates...?

can you not use coordinates...?
you can
but the math needed to make sure that slopes and angles are perfect takes a long time to do and not everybody understands it

you can
but the math needed to make sure that slopes and angles are perfect takes a long time to do and not everybody understands it
also its kinda hard to justify the time when the hidden vertex doesnt actually impact performance or visual look

I don't understand what the problem is here. If you can't snap to a vertex use the grid? Move things by specific number of units? I've never had an issue with this.

you can
Dear goodness no. Why would you do math to calculate angles when Blender can do it for you? What's wrong with just rotating a plane by a specified number of degrees? You don't need to calculate anything if you know the angle?

What are you people trying to do? Describe your problem and I will be post a video showing how to do it easily.

I don't understand what the problem is here. If you can't snap to a vertex use the grid? Move things by specific number of units? I've never had an issue with this.
Dear goodness no. Why would you do math to calculate angles when Blender can do it for you? What's wrong with just rotating a plane by a specified number of degrees? You don't need to calculate anything if you know the angle?

What are you people trying to do? Describe your problem and I will be post a video showing how to do it easily.

given a vertex, align it to a non-regularly-angled face. E.g. face is denoted by the three vertexes "1.2334 0.0445 .6645" "2.1299 0.9495 .3002" and "0 0 0"

given a vertex, align it to a non-regularly-angled face. E.g. face is denoted by the three vertexes "1.2334 0.0445 .6645" "2.1299 0.9495 .3002" and "0 0 0"
Change the snap element to face?

You can also do this with objects: http://blender.stackexchange.com/a/541
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:11:23 PM by Demian »

Change the snap element to face?
for some reason every time i tried this did not work for me. i'll try again sometime and see if i can get it doing what i want it to do

for some reason every time i tried this did not work for me. i'll try again sometime and see if i can get it doing what i want it to do
Make sure the magnet button next to the list is active (i.e. colored).

Guns of Icarus

Missile Turret (View in 3D)

legit stuff - will you have rykuta make it into a bot turret?

only complaint is the barrel looks too small for a rocket

legit stuff - will you have rykuta make it into a bot turret?

only complaint is the barrel looks too small for a rocket
yeah once i get a computer .___.

also its intentional, the proportion of the turret to the player is actually quite large, but its hard to tell

Video of the making of my revolver. 10x speed, still a long video though, you have been warned.

when did we get such a professional forgetin modeller on our forum

you modeled that revolver for 7 hours straight jesus christ

i've never seen someone as devoted and refined in 3d modeling as you holy