Author Topic: Retail Discussion!  (Read 52915 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
How's the lag, though?
Pretty good.  I've got an athlon 2500+ (1.83ghz) and an ati 9800 pro video card.  When I look at the city (2300 bricks) I get about 45-50fps.  Some users (running on laptops) complained that it was quite bad.  This may be helped with a small tweak to the openGL filtering methods, but theres only so much you can do with pci based video cards. 

The maze, 1300 bricks on a map with nothing else in it, gave me a bout 85 fps when I looked at the whole thing. 

That's pretty nice. gj on it

hmm i need to upgrade my pc soon :( This old dusty tomb just wront to it if i'm gonna build something larger.

I noticed the mini-figs have turned into boxes, and the pegs have been replaced. I like the new brick effect, I haven't really decided on what I think of the minifig. Not that it matters what I think about it.

I like this, and I have to say, you've seem to come through, when alot of people were questioning whether or not you'd done anything since the lack of dev log updates.  Others complained it would be just like BL002, with hacked up resources, like the jetpack or crouching.  I never lost  faith...Good to see it's still moving : )

Badspot stopped updating the dev log because mods just stole everything from it.

Badspot stopped updating the dev log because mods just stole everything from it.
Only thing I can think of is the Q/E to access tools in that mod thats banned. Most of it was technical engine stuff, really.

Anyways, its at least good to see some progress. You ought to give the community updates more, if possible. The fact that that maze doesnt lag at all seems nice, itd murder my crappy computer on 0002.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 08:21:43 PM by DTM|SWE »

I don't like how on the darker colored builds, like the tower in the night sky, how the black/dark gray bricks have a white line in between them; it could be fixed quite easily. I don't mind the new blocks, but I'm not a big fan of the new minifig.

The only question I have is that with a head like that, is it still possible to mount hats and such, and look nice?

I'm definitely interested in purchasing BL retail. Will you be able to change the time of day easily in it? I think that would be cool, or maybe even having time progress.

Hehe, Badspot has Fraps.

Well its good to see more Progress on the Retail.. is the Minifig Changed completly? I just want to know if the head is going to be the same... :(

Do you enjoy capitalizing random words in sentences?

Put back The Pegs and Tubes On The Bricks. They Looked better.