Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5716929 times)

i wish vanilla had more stuff in it

Is that actually even possible?
Ye. Few people like playing with it though.

Millenaire is great. I love making a village right on the surface near my underground little cave network of a home and watching it expand slowly as I give them junk.

i wish vanilla had more stuff in it
how hard is it to add a couple more plants and animals
that's all i need
they can stop updating after that

Stupid forge. I'm missing no mods to join the server according to the logs and I can't connect because mod missmatch.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 04:28:17 PM by Pastrey Crust »

how hard is it to add a couple more plants and animals
that's all i need
they can stop updating after that
this

If vanilla had like 10x the food options and crops, and animals and such, the game would actually be much more decent

Imagine if Pam's harvest-craft and Mo' animals were added to vanilla, along with a few realistic survival aspects like being able to freeze to death or over-heat, and have a seperate bar for drinking and have hunger/thirst be much more crucial, the survival mode would me much more fun

this

If vanilla had like 10x the food options and crops, and animals and such, the game would actually be much more decent

Imagine if Pam's harvest-craft and Mo' animals were added to vanilla, along with a few realistic survival aspects like being able to freeze to death or over-heat, and have a seperate bar for drinking and have hunger/thirst be much more crucial, the survival mode would me much more fun

I disagree, if we had pams harvest craft in vanilla my inventory would cry, Id much rather they make the game much, much more modder friendly so that we aren't stuck with patch 1.7.10 for the best mods.

this

so basically you want them to completely change the games direction to be more like TFC, instead of having mods fill that need?
some things just don't really fit in with the game in its current state
although TFC is pretty fun

Vanilla is boring.
and the problem is that there are mod versions, so you need to install the correct version.
this sucks.

You just distribute the modpack. It's simple. Technic, FTB, even Queeba has done successful modpacks.

I don't think there would be a problem if there were a ton more plants and animals if their spawn rates were lowered accordingly so you'd still find them as much as you do now. Each different food item is going to have different uses and every different animal is probably going to have more than one drop
They'd just add a little more flavor to vanilla, so to speak.