Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5849403 times)

Mincecraft Uber mode -

Rules:

1) Play on hard mode.

2) You can't place any full size blocks

3) placing torches, redstone, buttons and pressure plates is allowed

4) No hax (Duh)

5) When you die once delete the world.

6) Work benches, Furnaces and chests may be placed. You may not build shelters out of these blocks ( e.g building a hollow cube of furnaces.)

I may youtube a video of me doing this.

EDIT: Updated rules.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 11:22:09 PM by Acid »

2) You can't place any full size blocks
What does this mean?

What does this mean?
If a block takes up a full block of space in the Minecraft world.
Dirt, Sand, and Stone would be against this rule.
A sapling, red stone, torches, and I'm going to say water and lava since it technically doesn't fill a full space. Other examples would be half-steps, ladders, and stairs. Doors too.

But wait, no workbench? WTF? Without a bench, you can't make any tools to mine any minerals, therefore not being able to place most of the previously stated items.

If a block takes up a full block of space in the Minecraft world.
Dirt, Sand, and Stone would be against this rule.
A sapling, red stone, torches, and I'm going to say water and lava since it technically doesn't fill a full space. Other examples would be half-steps, ladders, and stairs. Doors too.

But wait, no workbench? WTF? Without a bench, you can't make any tools to mine any minerals, therefore not being able to place most of the previously stated items.

Ah sorry yes workbenches and furnaces and chests also.

I should probably make a stacking rule so people dont build houses out of work benches

Ah sorry yes workbenches and furnaces and chests also.

I should probably make a stacking rule so people dont build houses out of work benches
you can't place blocks on furnaces/chests/workplaces.

How 2 live? :(

the only winning move is to not play

because your game is stuffty and gay

It's possible to back it against a wall and click the wall above it to stack, but you'd be better off making a cave.

Anyway I recorded a game of uber mode with its current rules and using common sense on what not to do. Editing and uploading now.

It's possible to back it against a wall and click the wall above it to stack, but you'd be better off making a cave.
Yes,but you can't place blocks.

Ahh stuff. I moved a bunch of cacti for defense while i did my game. Oh well let's make an exception for me.

Ahh stuff. I moved a bunch of cacti for defense while i did my game. Oh well let's make an exception for me.
Then we all can do it.

YOUR RULES friend

Then we all can do it.

YOUR RULES friend

lol anyway will finsish editing tomorow i need sleep as its 5am here

I barely ever place full blocks anyhow...

Most of my houses are simply burrows in the side of mountains.

Actually a cactus technically doesn't fill an entire block.

As you can see, the actual body of the cactus doesn't touch the border of the texture represented with a red line. This isn't the real texture but I just drew an example.

Well it actually does fill an entire Block of space, it's just the texture itself that makes it appear as if it fills less area.