Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5789198 times)

Is it me or does minecraft make everyone's computer heat up this much?

Well uh I had a Geforce 9400 GT and it would heat up to 100c and stop working until I restarted my computer when I played minecraft with it.
I don't worry about it with my current GPU.
Also Temp3: -128c
nope

I have eight fans
I have three

Top: CPU
Middle: Chassis
Bottom: GPU
Well uh I had a Geforce 9400 GT and it would heat up to 100c and stop working until I restarted my computer when I played minecraft with it.
Was it a laptop by any chance?

aren't block icons isometric renders of the block?

Yes, but those are retrieved from terrain.png, the one I posted is items.png which are the icons for all the items. Meaning those, for some reason, actually work in-game.

Consider the game is caching a few million individual blocks, a sum of them having even more data to each, while also running lighting, viewing stuff, etc.

And the big thing is this is all in Java.

i have come to hate HD packs, they always just look like a huge picture squished into a space it's not meant to be in, and looks really ugly

Consider the game is caching a few million individual blocks, a sum of them having even more data to each, while also running lighting, viewing stuff, etc.

Even for high ends it still uses up 99.9% (assuming that 100% is impossible to hit because mine has never gone this high) of your GPU, no matter what chipset you have.  My GTX460 consistently reports 70-90%.  The game may have smooth framerate but it's not efficient still.

It will make your temperatures for your GPU go high.

poor virtual machine D:

The Hamachi ID is "TheBROHouse-700" and pass is "123".

IP: 5.55.105.186

This server is back up for a while

So I got my dad to play Minecraft, and we joined the same SMP server and stuffs.

He admitted that its addicting as hell. hue

So I got my dad to play Minecraft, and we joined the same SMP server and stuffs.

He admitted that its addicting as hell. hue

Get him the Technic pack.

Get him the Technic pack.
Nalright.

Also, just got a bow with Infinity I, Power V, and Flame I. hell yes.

Nalright.

Also, just got a bow with Infinity I, Power V, and Flame I. hell yes.

Sadly, bows now have durability and Item Repair removes enchantments.

Sadly, bows now have durability and Item Repair removes enchantments.

Dammit

My dad sometimes plays Blockland LAN games over the internet with me with Hamachi or whatever it is.
We tried with Minecraft but it wouldn't work.