Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5754575 times)

It's a complete overhaul of survival mode, makes everything more realistic and very difficult

Crops can deplete nutrients from soil, mobs are much more dangerous, wood can't be turned into planks without a saw, tunnels can cave in if they're not supported, ore is harder to find and needs to be melted down to be cast into molds, pretty much everything is different than what the average Minecraft player is used to
this actually sounds really interesting.
i'll play if someone sets up a server or something
hate to pyramid quote but take a look bro

hate to pyramid quote but take a look bro
I just realized you might've been volunteering to host a server for TFC? if that is the case, whoops

someone set up a server pls

i tried but it stuff itself

Technic is a platform, not a modpack.
oh you're talking about the launcher okay
yeah sure definitely.
just wondering, are you gonna join too or are you just doing this?
and I still don't know if rooged is going to join in divine rpg

also no one answered if were going to use Skype/steam or something for voice communication.

yeah sure definitely.

also no one answered if were going to use Skype/steam or something for voice communication.
I might join, but I might just be doing it. Send me your mods folder and your config folder, and I'll prepare both a pack and a server.

Image heavy alert

Dumping some photos from the world I have been actively working on via my server

Tornado Wasteland as I call it, since my friend and I spawned 15-20 tornadoes in the same spot and, well, it destroyed almost everything.

That is beautiful. I wish I could run shaders...

What version are you playing on suburb?
Also did you use survival or creative?

What version are you playing on suburb?
Also did you use survival or creative?

Creative, no way in hell I could do half of that on survival, it'd take me months.

yeah sure definitely.

I was just expecting you to send us your skype name or something

Creative, no way in hell I could do half of that on survival, it'd take me months.

Hah. Yeah, though, I think making something like this in survival, or in my opinion, generally anything in survival would suffice more for self-righteousness and self-achievement. I think I would feel pretty awesome if I did something big like this in survival. If not more because why not.

Also aren't there shaders for a more recent version? I guess the next update should come at the next 1.8 update since 1.7.x has been mostly bugfixes and useless crap but God darn it.

Hah. Yeah, though, I think making something like this in survival, or in my opinion, generally anything in survival would suffice more for self-righteousness and self-achievement. I think I would feel pretty awesome if I did something big like this in survival. If not more because why not.

Also aren't there shaders for a more recent version? I guess the next update should come at the next 1.8 update since 1.7.x has been mostly bugfixes and useless crap but God darn it.

I'll have to record a new timelapsed video demonstrating the rail's length and the mere size I have made this world.

Quite an old video in terms of what I have made to date

Video

I'll have to record a new timelapsed video demonstrating the rail's length and the mere size I have made this world.

Quite an old video in terms of what I have made to date

Video
That's pretty big, and since it's on surface as well. I did something similar, but as subway (which was evidently easier in it's own right).
But I can't help but giggle at all the mobs spawning on the rail. That's kind of an issue.