Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5955324 times)

i'm hosting a server with a couple of friends, can anyone recommend some mods for me to get for the server, and tell me how to install them?

i'm hosting a server with a couple of friends, can anyone recommend some mods for me to get for the server, and tell me how to install them?

Depends on what kind of mods you want

Industrial? Magic? Little things?

things that will add more fun to the vanilla minecaft but don't cross the line of ridiculousness, i.e. nonsensical/silly mobs and items.

things that will add more fun to the vanilla minecaft but don't cross the line of ridiculousness, i.e. nonsensical/silly mobs and items.

OpenBlocks and Extra Utilities add a lot of things like that, though some parts of EU might be a little over the top

Bibliocraft, Carpenter's Blocks, and Chisel add some nice blocks for building and decorating that blend in well with vanilla

If you want vanilla but with some extra i would say better than wolves, but i havent been keeping track of anything about it for a while so i dont even know if its updated at all
also unless somethings changed its probably still incompatible with other mods

If you want vanilla but with some extra i would say better than wolves, but i havent been keeping track of anything about it for a while so i dont even know if its updated at all
better than wolves supposedly is huge now and makes minecraft much harder

finding a modpack that doesn't make your game into a powerpoint presentation is like finding a piece of hay in a needlestack

better than wolves supposedly is huge now and makes minecraft much harder

finding a modpack that doesn't make your game into a powerpoint presentation is like finding a piece of hay in a needlestack
decided to go read what actually is changed and honestly I really like what has been changed, it actually makes the game revolve around the mod unlike others that just insert themselves into the game and thats it

decided to go read what actually is changed and honestly I really like what has been changed, it actually makes the game revolve around the mod unlike others that just insert themselves into the game and thats it
That's what happens when your mod basically turns into a full conversion. It's like Terrafirmacraft in that respect.

Wow, BTWM was the first mod I ever used, I can't believe that it's not only still around but has kept so many of the components I came to know

I mean for real I was using it around the time the Nether was added, back when certain knowledge was low and I had a secure area specially built to contain Ghasts because the rumor was they could spawn from portals

if you check into the ftb launcher, it should have a Lite pack that tries to maintain decent content addition without being over the top.

I used to play BTW but its stuck in 1.4 or something and I dontt think the thread is updated for the mod

i wish mods like aether worked for this version, that was one of the mods my friends and i wanted.

Aether and Divine rpg were probs 2 of my fav mods

aether is just gone and I think the creator of divine rpg replaced it over this other mod they're making.

Industrial craft is fun.

But I'd recommend any number of mods that include a new dimension or bosses, those are the best in my opinion because they add so much to do to the vanilla game.

That space mod where you can go to the moon and mars and that one place with the monoliths of which I very much do not like at all is very fun. Seriously, I get sweaty as all forget in the monolith place, I don't know why.

forget the monolith place
I always turn my sound off when I go there.