Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5849616 times)

Why wouldn't simple transportation like horses not be craftable while advanced minecarts are?

This game seems to be such a mess. They really need to rework it from the ground up. It shouldn't be difficult to do dyed wood considering they did dyed wool already. Modders are improving the game a lot more than Mojang is, they're also doing it a lot quicker.
Yes, this. I still get lighting glitches...I thought they fixed that already?

they still need to fix smp nether portals ffs

Why wouldn't simple transportation like horses not be craftable while advanced minecarts are?

Apparently you don't see the oddity in creating a horse on a crafting table.

why do you morons keep calling it "graphics"

its "graphics" are fine
d'you remember when minecraft actually had a unique art direction?

Although dumbed down, obviously the way characters are today are for the ease of texture editing, which I don't mind for this game. I'd love for Mojang to make use of that early design though. I'd probably say something like a platformer, that's what I'd have envisioned.

Those characters were something a guy who left made. I don't remember the specifics, but he seemed to clash.

[img]http://media-mcw.cursecdn.com/f/f3/Steve.png/img]
And the girl that just spinned  and didn't move it's limbs.

I think what happened was that Notch and Dock had different views of what they wanted the game to be like.

And the girl that just spinned  and didn't move it's limbs.
because notch was too lazy to make an md3 importer?

"Steve, as well as all the other mobs made by Dock, have no animation because of inability of MD3 loader. They just glide around in the same pose. However, the MD3 model itself contains an animation of it walking."
Steve, Minecraft wiki.

Sorry, should've rephrased it to that he half-assed a MD3 importer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap87xnjOh8E&t=1m30s
This video (Despite the fact that it's a The Best Gamers video, still makes alot of valid points) pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter.

Apparently you don't see the oddity in creating a horse on a crafting table.
You know what I meant.