Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5959561 times)

Ehhhh I don't know. There are many expert programmers that like making Minecraft mods in their free-time because it's adding on to a game they like to play.
That's why I said 'nearly'.

Let's assume the worst because maybe it will seem better if the worst doesn't happen.

I mean, I see where you're coming from, but to me it just seems like pessimism.

As silly as this sounds, you're looking at this pessimistically. I'm thinking logically here:

If I expect Microsoft to totally screw up Minecraft, and they do, I am prepared to either settle/adjust to what they create and make the most of it, or move on.

If I expect Microsoft to totally screw up Minecraft, and they don't, I'm pleasantly surprised! Faith restored in Microsoft, let's play.

If I expect Microsoft to totally bring Minecraft to the next level and succeed, and they do, cool. I saw it coming, I guess let's play. Whatever.

If I expect Microsoft to succeed and they don't, forget! How dare they screw this up! Aw man.

It's just a matter of putting myself in a frame of mind that is prepared to deal with Microsoft screwing up a game that means a lot to me. That's all, it's not a pessimistic or optimistic approach.

That's why I said 'nearly'.
You edited your post after I quoted and was responding to it.

You edited your post after I quoted and was responding to it.
But I still beat you to the post by four seconds so I win.

As silly as this sounds, you're looking at this pessimistically. I'm thinking logically here:

If I expect Microsoft to totally screw up Minecraft, and they do, I am prepared to either settle/adjust to what they create and make the most of it, or move on.

If I expect Microsoft to totally screw up Minecraft, and they don't, I'm pleasantly surprised! Faith restored in Microsoft, let's play.

If I expect Microsoft to totally bring Minecraft to the next level and succeed, and they do, cool. I saw it coming, I guess let's play. Whatever.

If I expect Microsoft to succeed and they don't, forget! How dare they screw this up! Aw man.

It's just a matter of putting myself in a frame of mind that is prepared to deal with Microsoft screwing up a game that means a lot to me. That's all, it's not a pessimistic or optimistic approach.
Exactly what I would explect a pessimist to say. Pessimist.

I bet that guy's cup is half full.

I bet that guy has carefully prepared himself a cup at least 80% full, and whenever he takes a sip he makes sure to do so in carefully calculated increments so he never faces the terrifying quandaries presented by a half full or even half empty cup

I bet that guy's cup is styrofoam.

I bet that guy's cup is styrofoam.

You pessimistic doucheforget. No way that's styrofoam.

You pessimistic doucheforget. No way that's styrofoam.
Only pessismists say pessimist. Pessimist.

Only pessismists say pessimist. Pessimist.

Pessimist pessimists pessimist pessimist. Pessimist.

this page is half empty with pessimism

Pessimist pessimists pessimist pessimist. Pessimist.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

pessimenst
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:18:46 PM by otto-san »

Guys. I think Minecraft is going to be completely ruined.

Has anyone messaged Dropshock about this?