Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5849933 times)

Joined really early, I think it was around when the main mode was the creative one and survival was called indev.
(and it was all in browser)
So I witnessed the rise and fall of the game (IMO)
It hasn't really changed that much lol. How could it fall?

People want to believe that Minecraft got worse a year after they began playing.

More like several years, but whatever you say, man.
Also yes it HAS changed since indev.

apparently you haven't played the game then

oasis, how is it not blindingly obvious that as soon as they leave, the game gets worse? they're not playing it anymore. of course it's worse! they're not gracing it with their majesty!

oasis, how is it not blindingly obvious that as soon as they leave, the game gets worse? they're not playing it anymore. of course it's worse! they're not gracing it with their majesty!
Still play it from time to time.
But no, keep defending its absolute perfection.

Still play it from time to time.
But no, keep defending its absolute perfection.
absolute perfection =/= it got steadily worse by absolute terms since you left.
but thanks for not defending your original position and changing to a new one.

absolute perfection =/= it got steadily worse by absolute terms since you left.
but thanks for not defending your original position and changing to a new one.
You seem to have missed the (IMO) part of my first post, as well as the fact that I never said that I left.

You seem to have missed the (IMO) part of my first post, as well as the fact that I never said that I left.
saying it's in your opinion is worthless, it's already a subjective viewpoint that, unless you believed, you wouldn't say anyways.
and if you could change that, that'd be nice.

saying it's in your opinion is worthless, it's already a subjective viewpoint that, unless you believed, you wouldn't say anyways.
and if you could change that, that'd be nice.
Great, but how does this change the fact that you people seem to think that the only reason I thought it got worse was because I stopped playing?
No, this is not me saying that I'm too cool and have moved on, it's me saying that I've played it and seen cool new additions as well as ones that should never have been (many of them).

Great, but how does this change the fact that you people seem to think that the only reason I thought it got worse was because I stopped playing?
No, this is not me saying that I'm too cool and have moved on, it's me saying that I've played it and seen cool new additions as well as ones that should never have been (many of them).
because there's absolutely no way you can say with a straight face, that constant content additions have made the game worse. unless you mean the community, in which case that's loving useless because the community is terrible everywhere.
then why did you say it fell???? are you just trying to be a drama queen???

because there's absolutely no way you can say with a straight face, that constant content additions have made the game worse. unless you mean the community, in which case that's loving useless because the community is terrible everywhere.
then why did you say it fell???? are you just trying to be a drama queen???
Maybe I should have worded it differently.
This is what I get for posting an unpopular opinion, I guess.

This server piqued my interest yesterday after not following Minecraft development for years: http://miragemc.com/dynmap/
Can anyone recommend a similar/better server? Does a server like that exist with a Blockland faction?

every mods exept optifine crashes my game on startup

god damn it

also i get "an error occured, exiting the game" error constantly on the ps3 version

every mods exept optifine crashes my game on startup

god damn it

also i get "an error occured, exiting the game" error constantly on the ps3 version
have you tried using a pre-fab modpack to see if it's just bad installation on your part, or if your computer itself can't handle it