Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5851772 times)

if nothing else you could probably just regenerate the world with the same seed and MCEdit your stuff back in but that's way too much trouble and possibly pretty cheaty as well

if nothing else you could probably just regenerate the world with the same seed and MCEdit your stuff back in but that's way too much trouble and possibly pretty cheaty as well

It's all more trouble than it's worth just to add one mod

There are plenty of power sources already in my pack, I just need to find a good one

Yeah, that works just fine

Not only sustains a Planter, Harvester, and Sludge Boiler but generates a surprising amount of excess power, just feeding straight wood into Ender IO's Stirling Generator with an Octadic Capacitor installed

10/10 would recommend

Flaxbeard s'steam power is absolute awesome...

Also if you did not do it,get optifine and PureBDCraft.

meh, purebdcraft isn't that good
coteriecraft is much better imo and fits the style of the game a bit better than default
and optifine is kind of a requirement if you plan on running any mods, or at any decent framerate

If you ask me, any texture pack over 16x is far too detailed and Sphax's theme of pentagons in a game where everything is square is ridiculous

When you start putting anything even remotely realistic on blocks half the size of the player it looks really bad

If you ask me, any texture pack over 16x is far too detailed and Sphax's theme of pentagons in a game where everything is square is ridiculous

When you start putting anything even remotely realistic on blocks half the size of the player it looks really bad
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
the closest i've come to a refined vanilla pack was some vanilla pack from like beta 1.6, but nothing since. everyone just way overdoes it and it looks horrific, especially because mods almost always use 16x and anything more looks completely out of place next to it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
the closest i've come to a refined vanilla pack was some vanilla pack from like beta 1.6, but nothing since. everyone just way overdoes it and it looks horrific, especially because mods almost always use 16x and anything more looks completely out of place next to it.

The only exception I ever found was one of those packs that looked like a copy of vanilla but was actually 128x and made everything look like it had subtle texture

I think it was Default HD but I'm not certain

The only exception I ever found was one of those packs that looked like a copy of vanilla but was actually 128x and made everything look like it had subtle texture

I think it was Default HD but I'm not certain

Yes, you are correct, but the mod name has been changed to Vanilla Series.

wasn't it the R3D texture pack

I know there's something in my modpack that sucks up items around the player but I can't remember what it is

That's the worst feeling

Yes, you are correct, but the mod name has been changed to Vanilla Series.

Yeah that's definitely it, even has the same thread layout

You know, I've always wanted a really bright/geometric texture pack, almost like FEZ.

I know there's something in my modpack that sucks up items around the player but I can't remember what it is

That's the worst feeling

Yeah that's definitely it, even has the same thread layout
botania has the Ring of Magnetization?

You know, I've always wanted a really bright/geometric texture pack, almost like FEZ.

try this

botania has the Ring of Magnetization?

nope, though I wish I knew about that mod earlier, looks good

this is what I've got

it's also entirely possible that I saw something in NEI or one of my books that I assumed picked up items and I was completely wrong

Not only sustains a Planter, Harvester, and Sludge Boiler but generates a surprising amount of excess power, just feeding straight wood into Ender IO's Stirling Generator with an Octadic Capacitor installed

10/10 would recommend

Modded Minecraft is an accurate representation of renewable power generation.