Author Topic: Blockland Retail Beta Sreenshot Gallery (many pics).  (Read 101438 times)

"Just for the lego-ish sake"?
If you hadn't noticed, all of retail is no longer lego.
And scaling is a very useful feature that can make your builds look cleaner, sharper, and more complex. I wouldn't ever want to give that up.

how do you figure? its not legally lego sure, but the game and concept is the same.
editing, brick in brick, and floating bricks all ruin the point of building with the givin pieces.

i have been far more impressed by the models made in vanilla by some, true "lego'ish"

wow, I'm really looking foward to this, I hope I can get a beta version

We have the beta of blockland. Unless you mean the beta of the retal which would be the orignal blockland. Who knows?

I wish i could beta test this, this looks absoluteley fantastic.

I wish i could beta test this, this looks absoluteley fantastic.

ok Don't start this Crap about it being sold online and I beat I'll never see it at a store... Unless it gets to a point of Epic I don't think it will be in stores only online places...
Actually it's not that hard to get your game on store shelves you just have to contact a box retailer, discuss prices, buy, they reproduce and distribute.  You just need money.

ok Don't start this Crap about it being sold online and I beat I'll never see it at a store... Unless it gets to a point of Epic I don't think it will be in stores only online places...
Actually it's not that hard to get your game on store shelves you just have to contact a box retailer, discuss prices, buy, they reproduce and distribute.  You just need money.
And the multi disk burner thats around .5k

I Feel after reading EVERY single Post (I'm trying to get Revel going and i need to learn to do that sort of thing, don't ask me about Revel this is BS's forum) That retail should go really well.
Unfortuantely people stop playing, so people may stop before retails release (to stop others complaining i will say they might come back just for Retail though).

An Overall Profit made could possibly be on estimate:

$5 US = $40 US profit in about 3 months
$10 US = $80 Profit in about 3 months
$15 US = $120 Profit in about 3 months
$20 US = $160 Profit in about 3 months
$25 US = $200 Profit in about 3 months

I would not recomend any higher prices then $25 US but if you wish for more you can:

$30 US = $240 in about 3 months
$35 US = $280 in about 3 months
$40 US = $320 in about 3 months
$45 US = $320 in about 3 months
$50 US = $400 in about 3 months

Be wary that these profits are based on 8 people purchasing in 3 months, but the higher the price the chances are that less people will buy within a month.
Of course all of these prices other then $5 US - $10 US will be sufficient to make up for Indie version of the Game engine but only prices from $40 US - $50 Scrape enough to support just the commercial. Neither of these though support the purchase of both the Game Engine it's self and the Commercial liscense allowing BS to sell the retail version.
Alot of you (or the noobs of you any way, no offence) dpn't seem to understand that Badspot isn't doing this for pure profit, it is costing him more to make the retail version then you think.
Although People will come and his profit may rise, it's all dependent on the price he sells it.

I'd of loved to Beta test this, but obviously i didn't do enough (It's pretty Crystal clear actually that i havn't) or anything of the sort to gain this sort of position.
If any of you guys really want to Beta test something, search the web for something, you don't usually have to pay for Beta testing, and some cases you get payed for it
(not this case and don't expect it ever will be).

The Point of this post is to prove a point and to help BS decide on a price thats fair, but is helpful to him.

I will help as much as i can without actually using the Beta, but my abilities are very limited being, unfortunately for this case, 12.

This is just a really quick map to give off ideas, not to actually be used properly. testmap_b60f6c7a.zip
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 06:24:02 AM by Sian »

yay for smartness
and as a user i would say 5 dollars
but as a business partner, which i am not so i have no reason to even be saying this, i would go for 10-15 dollars plus shipping and handleing if you would need such a thing

Badspot

• Administrator
You don't need the commercial license to sell your game, the Indy license is sufficient. 

If you charge too little for something, people will think it's of inferior quality (why else would you charge so little?)

you should charge the full 50-60 USD that most console games hit.

:D

if thats not confidence in your product then i dunno what is.

You know what? I'd kill or get seriously injured to test this Beta. Kill or get seriously injured.