Author Topic: Blockland Retail Beta Sreenshot Gallery (many pics).  (Read 102552 times)

I'm actually working on getting a new video card... because right now the lighting totally pwns my computer...

Meh, dun care.  I'll git it when it comes out, no questions asked.  It's nice to see Badspot acting so mature in those pics.... :cookieMonster:

Looks interesting. But you may lose alot of your audience due to the fact that you cannot use Lego's pieces. Although I guess the mods can add them back in.
I probably won't buy retail, as I hardly even play 0002 anymore.

But you never know. I'm just a hard person to "wow".
I won't say no until i've tried it, so I will wait intently for the public beta.

Also there are no trust lists, user authentication, or other jerk management systems in place yet.  So I've gotta keep it limited to people that I know won't fight with eachother for the time being. 

Heh, I get along with pretty much everyone!

Edit: Hey, you haven't banned me yet... So uhh... Thanks?

« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 02:40:59 PM by stevey1000 »

The road was originally modeled after Lego airport pieces, which have lines like that.  I'll probably change them eventually as part of the de-legoing process. 

it doesnt look like lego. 0002 did, so why not retail?
why cant post-retail versions of rtb work with 0002? i guess im stuck with 1.045.
and why are you making it retail anyway? i doubt it would reach my local gamestop.
  • It doesn't look like lego because if it did, lego would sue my pants off.  Making a free lego game is one thing, selling it is another.
  • Post-retail versions of rtb cant work with 0002 because its completely freakin different.  Plus, after playing the retail version, you cannot go back to 0002.  The performance and visual improvements are night and day.
  • The purpose of the retail is to make a little money (I gotta eat you know) and to show that I'm capable of producing a game that people would actually pay for.  After all, people will pretty much play anything if it's free. 
  • If you're only willing to play games that come to your local gamestop, I feel sorry for you.  I hope you have fun with your beat-up greasy used copy of tekken 12 or yet another wwII shooter. 

...it will be avaliable in England right?

The plan is to use online distribution, ie pay with a credit card and download.  Also online stores like garage games allow you to pay through the mail with a check or money order. 
Haha, de-legoing process...I love that.

Looks interesting. But you may lose alot of your audience due to the fact that you cannot use Lego's pieces. Although I guess the mods can add them back in.
I probably won't buy retail, as I hardly even play 0002 anymore.

But you never know. I'm just a hard person to "wow".
I won't say no until i've tried it, so I will wait intently for the public beta.

I have to say, as it is quite hard to "wow" me, I was very wow'd.  This game has gone so far and done so much. /tear

Also there are no trust lists, user authentication, or other jerk management systems in place yet.  So I've gotta keep it limited to people that I know won't fight with eachother for the time being. 

Heh, I get along with pretty much everyone!

Edit: Hey, you haven't banned me yet... So uhh... Thanks?

Haha, he's probably not gonna let any more people in.

Looks really good, I wish I was a beta tester, but to be realistic, I won't.
Anyway, I hope to know when will a public beta will come out, just to see how it will look like in-game. I noticed before, but i'll say it again, those people in the screenshots ARE Blockheads, that's abit odd.

Yeah...to bad he only lets few people in....I'd be to distracted with Retail BL to hammer/get in fights with people....and when badspot does make the ban/kick....would I really want to be banned from his server? Hell no! lol. Oh well...That'd just be a dream....maybe I should bribe him with researcho....hehehe...well..I'm off to google. >.>

And to respond on Jason's post....That would mean less noobs...Also another reason I wanted Badspot to make retail and sell it.

Another issue

People will teh torret it and file sharing and what not.

Just like any other program/game on the market thats not free....

and then badspot goes, hrm i don't think i know this person/have there moneys. the banhammer will be swift and painful.

i might (and i use that term very very very strongly) have gotten to beta but i unfortunatley made a supposedly page widening post in the old forums.

Jesus Christ, if you're going to pirate $20 games made by individual developers than you're a loving douchebag.

Jesus Christ, if you're going to pirate $20 games made by individual developers than you're a pandaing douchebag.

Well...its 20 more bucks you can put into something else...like researcho....other hobbies.....your comp! many many things! >.> not saying I support it.

Maybe I'll pay 20 and donate 30 : o

Maybe.  Definately the 20 part.

I'm disappointed by the non-lego appearance, but it still looks like a much better game.  Perhaps now that we're branching away from lego, brick editing options can be legitimate features in everyone's eyes. 

It says Lego on some of the bricks.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 08:59:29 PM by Koden »

It says Lego on the bricks.
/sigh....That is a modification by Mocheeze