Author Topic: Blockland Retail Beta Sreenshot Gallery (many pics).  (Read 100835 times)

That's true.  I find it interesting that it uses the horse thing from RtB. :)

horses rawk.
even though from any mod, no vehicles worked that well.
i did miss the sliding dust deal you got from the rtb horse.    :D

This Horse gallops! :D
Anyways, badspot used a new concept with bricks, you can have many more than before.

Cool, how does that work? Oh, and the reason vehicles never really worked that well was that beta 2 used Torque 1.2, with notoriously unstable vehicle engine code.

Umm, who said Badspot used RTB's horse? Badspot had a horse long before we did. Plus you can bet he'll take it out because it's Lego's horse. I'd just STFU right now if I were you, since you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Wow... why are you people wowed by a game that's inferior to most mods, including TBM and RTB and perhaps even AiO? The only "original" feature this has is relatively lame Jello bricks. C'mon, jello bricks? That's the most mature thing you can come up with?  This look so unprofessional to me.

I disagree.

Im curious to see more about its building abilities/limitations
-more so if a no type of editor wand is there-

There is no editor wand. You cannot build floating bricks, inside of other bricks, through terrain, under terrain, baseplates that lean to far over the edge over an interior to be reasonable, or inside of interiors.

You can paint, all bricks can be made transparent, there are special effects, a decal system, and text.

Exactly the way blockland SHOULD be. If they ever ad a wand, The only thing you should be aloud to do is rotations.

Why would you want to needlessly cripple what could otherwise be an extremely powerful interactive CAD application?

Badspot

• Administrator
Why would you want to needlessly cripple what could otherwise be an extremely powerful interactive CAD application?

Because it's a game, not CAD.  Building with bricks according to rules is fun, editing things by stretching and squashing them and rotating them with goofy type in boxes or sliders is about as fun as writing a word document.  There are many vastly superior CAD programs already available.

If theres a retail TBM it better get alone with the rules.

I'll buy this...

WAIT A SECOND..you cant build into the terrain...on slopes it would be hard to get a place to build cause if it goes into the terrain a bit "CAN NOT BUILD THROUGHT TERRAIN" if its not touching the terrain "CAN NOT BUILD FLOATING BRICKS"well...im hoping we can still mod this with files so that can be changed..its just im so used to building in air and throught things..and that will also mean there wont be a space map.. (CAN NOT BUILD FLOATING BRICKS)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 10:25:43 PM by loponstorm »

If theres a retail TBM it better get alone with the rules.

I'll buy this...
TBM is nearing the end of its life. It won't be on retail.

Because it's a game, not CAD.  Building with bricks according to rules is fun, editing things by stretching and squashing them and rotating them with goofy type in boxes or sliders is about as fun as writing a word document.  There are many vastly superior CAD programs already available.
I strongly disagree.  For some players, especially younger, less advanced players, I agree such an interface is bafflinglu confusing.  However, those of us who have matured past that point and like the idea of building semirealistic models with it enjoy having such control over the placement of bricks, even if it makes it less realistic as a Lego simulator.