Author Topic: GSF Add-Ons [Carrier's Out!]  (Read 254879 times)

Sorry I was just replying to Jimmg's drama thread. The sea copter still needs some work, so I'm guessing it'll be out Sunday, with one more test server being hosted before hand.

Loved the heil in your server hope to see it out sunday

hope to see the heli out sunday

i can't wait till it comes out

I'm redoing the model due to a texture glitch, so I might have to release it Monday. But, I'll still try to host the test server today, so watch for my server.

By the way, if anyone is familiar with Blender, does anyone know why textures append randomly sometimes? Like when you export, instead of just one texture showing up in the materials list, a second one appears with .001 after it.

Tried the seaplane, it has quite a bit of fail. It doesn't steer in the water like a real seaplane should and has horrible handling and can sometimes be out of control.

This is just discouraging me from trying any other of your addons. After having bad experiences with the jetski and the fishing boat as well, the only thing I can really trust in this thread are the beach balls. I have a bad feeling about the cargo ship and seacopter...

Tried the seaplane, it has quite a bit of fail. It doesn't steer in the water like a real seaplane should and has horrible handling and can sometimes be out of control.

This is just discouraging me from trying any other of your addons. After having bad experiences with the jetski and the fishing boat as well, the only thing I can really trust in this thread are the beach balls. I have a bad feeling about the cargo ship and seacopter...

just be thankfull you got them and these are the ONLY boats and they work fine

As I said before, it's either floating or steering. In order for anything to float, there has to be a balance, so just be glad they float at all. And the Jet Ski I can understand, but the fishing boat?

just be thankfull you got them and these are the ONLY boats and they work fine
Agreed.

ide have to say the sail boat is probably the best boat created out of all boats, but the fishing is SUCH a cool model but it needs fixing on the steering. :cookieMonster:

Well the problem with steering is the drag, I have to increase it to make the boat bounce less in the water. Remember the old speed boat? With increased drag, the steering suffers. This is remedied by increasing yaw force, but if it's too high then it causes problems and can randomly "spaze-out." Also, keeping the steering as is reflects a realistic steering radius of an actual boat.