Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 328037 times)

Not just mod manager, but all features of RTB, the menu would include RTB Connect, RTB Mod Manager, eventually the Gallery, and whatever else I might be missing.
I like that idea.
RTBMFTW!
(Return To Blockland Menu FOR THE WIN!)

Does this feel odd for you? I do have some commands that is changing some prefs too. Is that something I need to take in consideration?
RTB_registerPref loads the saved variable already. You should only use your saving mechanism if RTB is not installed.

Thought of that, but didn't think it would do so much difference. Maybe I have to understand how RTB works a little bit more to understand why it does not support two systems managing one variable.
Also, I want it to be this way, because I rather not want to change in two files just to keep the preferences updated.(I'll throw in a third one with temporary data that assigns the variables)

Having two systems to manage a single variable seems to be totally pointless and nonsensical. If you want help with that you should post in Coding Help - once you go off the rails it's not really related to RTB or me.

Regarding RTB4; I'm currently putting together a few samples of the overlay but they all look pretty handicapped at the moment. I'm going to pick the least dumb looking one and shove that in the alpha and then I'll work out a nicer one before the final release.

Like I said earlier, the only functionality RTB4 Alpha will contain is server control and the friends list. I'll slowly refactor the rest of the functionality back into RTB4 as the beta progresses so that any possible bugs can be better isolated.

So will the alpha/beta testers have to befriend other alpha/beta testers if their actual friends don't get in?

Yeah. There will be a list of everyone who's in the beta on the private forum or something and you can add them. Friends lists will then be cleared before final release.

Rtb servers are down for me :(
They were down for me also, for a little while.

So will the Alpha/Beta run if your running RTB 3.5?

Hey Ephialtes I have some experience with making sounds and scripting.
I was wondering did you need any help with RTB v.4?
Beta testing?
-Edit-
I just don't wanna see all your hard work go to waste
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 09:04:07 PM by FOX TAIL »

Hey Ephialtes I have some experience with making sounds and scripting.
I was wondering did you need any help with RTB v.4?
-Edit-
I just don't wanna see all your hard work go to waste
god dammit

He doesn't need your help with scripting and sounds.

Beta is coming soon.

Rtb servers are down for me :(

Our current host is pretty unreliable. I've been setting up some new servers with a more reliable (and expensive!) host and I'll be migrating things at some point. It'll probably include a bit of downtime for the service so I'll aim to do it during a low-usage time. I'll be posting more information on that at some point in the future.

The chat service currently runs from the new datacenter in Atlanta and response times are much better all around than from the one in Los Angeles.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 01:12:44 AM by Ephialtes »

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:46:07 PM by FOX TAIL »