Author Topic: Bot Events (v1.1)  (Read 25267 times)

Or you can just have the event not called if it damages itself.
It isn't called if it damages itself. It's called if it spawns a projectile which explodes and damages itself.

Bug for me: Tje Edit apperience is now numbers insted of Words, i can't find what part is what number, and then the numer it is, the part doesn' show up.

Then back in V5, they Part colors didn't change, they where always red

Bug for me: Tje Edit apperience is now numbers insted of Words, i can't find what part is what number, and then the numer it is, the part doesn' show up.

Then back in V5, they Part colors didn't change, they where always red
Update your copy. You'll have to figure out the nodes, sorry - although I posted a list of nodes, faces, and decals on page 3.

Update your copy. You'll have to figure out the nodes, sorry - although I posted a list of nodes, faces, and decals on page 3.
Why can't you change it back?

I agree-The drop down menu was a lot better. I don't understand what difference a text box makes, was it just a glitch that could only be fixed by putting a text box? I hate having to either refer to this topic or one of my documents to see the list... Also, do you think you will be adding Whatevaguy an I's ideas? I'd love them!

It's because an event output's parameter list can only have a maximum of 255 characters. Obviously his went over it, so he had to make it textboxes.

Oh, wow. That sucks a bit. Hey, could you add a command for it? Something like /Decalse, /Nodes, and /Faces?

Nice idea with the zombies thing, I'll make sure to include that. Them not moving right was a glitch.
Oh your welcome and thanks. :)
Nice to know it WAS a glitch.
I can take that as in you fixed it?

EDIT:
Also if i have an onbotkilled event on a bot and i kill him with my switch knife, it doesn't sees it as a kill though he dies... :O
Same with zombies as far as i have seen.
But that was before update also...
Now downloading new version.
(Also sorry for sudden name change, i noticed later, and it was 'cuz of old quote..)
EDIT2( or higher):
Also, is it possible to make the setDecals so that it can can use every Decal you have?
Another EDIT:
Why can't the bots hurt you with weapons?
No fun... D:
And you should add an checkbox to Botattack, if checked, the bot will continues fire his weapon.
(Usefull for minigun/medigun and so forth.)
And my bot can't wander atm... Also very sad.
I copy pasted the list of nodes in a textfile on my desktop so that i can find them out without having to go online..
Usefull, i can recommend it to all others! :P
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 05:22:39 AM by lordician »

Although you may think I'm crazy, in order to keep user-friendliness, I propose the following idea:

Code: [Select]
datablock StaticShapeData(NodeItemA) { uiName = "Left Arm"; node = "larm"; };
datablock StaticShapeData(NodeItemB) { uiName = "Right Arm"; node = "rarm"; };

Code: [Select]
registerOutputEvent(...,"datablock StaticShapeData"...);
Basically, use a datablock class that doesn't use uiNames normally, (I suppose StaticShapeData would work fine), give them a uiName, and register a list of them in an event. This does work, yet you will need a datablock for every single node.

I'll assume you know how to deal with what they selected.

Some of the nodes do confuse me.

Zomg, you are my new jesus!

I got so tired of making bots with the damn VCE...

Zomg, you are my new jesus!

I got so tired of making bots with the damn VCE...
Making bots with VCE? :O

It can be done. :) It took me about 3 days of eventing, and well over 100 events.
I had it for as a Noobie help feature. You could socialize with it, ask it questions, and it would even learn things about you. The hardest part was covering all of the ways to say one thing, like "Hello", "Hi" , "Hai" , "Sup?" etc.

Seriously...
What the flying stuff?

There needs to be a looping attack, and a setbotHealth/setbotScale.

Er wait, scale exists.