Author Topic: World of Goo; Pay what you think it's worth  (Read 3046 times)

Poor guys.. I read that only 10% of the people who played this game actually paid for it. Everyone else pirated it. It doesn't seem so bad up against someone like EA, but 2D boy is just a couple of friends. Still they've done very well.

Go play Tower of Goo made by the same guys for free first. See if you like it.

I buy this for 30 pence, then i get saints row 2 for £3

Good day.

Just buy it, it's not like you're really going to regret spending whatever small sum of money you choose to buy it for.

how am i suppose to know how much its worth if i cant play it? If i think its worth £30 ill pay £30, but id rather not waste that on it if i dont like it.

how am i suppose to know how much its worth if i cant play it? If i think its worth £30 ill pay £30, but id rather not waste that on it if i dont like it.

I paid a dollar, which is 99 cents more than I had to pay.

I don't like it that much.

I have no regrets though, because it was only a dollar.

Bought it for $1 and it was pretty cool. It's a fun sorta game to just play for 5 minutes every so often.

It's a fun sorta game to just play for 5 minutes every so often.

I guess you do have a point. It's more like one of those little desktop games you play out of boredom. Not something I'd play for long periods of time.

I played this..its a good game, but I wouldnt even say its worth half a cent..it would be better as freeware.

FFFFFFF, they don't accept debt cards, I have 1 cent left on it D:
I even dug it out of the trash :c

I played this..its a good game, but I wouldnt even say its worth half a cent..it would be better as freeware.
You're like one of those idiots who whines for Blockland to be free.
I guess you do have a point. It's more like one of those little desktop games you play out of boredom. Not something I'd play for long periods of time.
I think it's a great game.  Sadly it doesn't have large amounts of content to keep you from plowing through it in one sitting, but that's expectable for a game made from two people.  Then again portal can be played in one sitting, and I don't see people complaining about that being short.

After playing through it, I have to say I loved every moment and it got better and more fresh as the game went on, instead of the opposite being getting bland and boring as it goes on, as is usual for puzzle games.  Now to get OCD status on every level :/

I dunno why everyone is complaining about people not paying more for it. Most if not all of them paid for it with their parents money, and paying extra of someone else's money doesn't make you moral in any way.

ive got it.got it for $9.99 . stuck on 3rd island. game is hard,and i dont think it was worth it.
but then again....

$9.99!!!!!!!

4 people bought it for $50? Wtf

Graph is from this
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 04:13:20 PM by Hifin »