Author Topic: 2012 Second Thoughts  (Read 7802 times)

Show me the reputable source you're getting this info from. The discovery channel isn't good enough, they covered scientists who believe the bermuda triangle is caused by a wormhole inside the earth (which was an interesting watch).

I predict it will rain on 12/21/12  :cookieMonster:

Y2K
6/6/2006

Same threat, new name.
Those only have 1 thing in common. People freaked out about it. but that's the ONLY similarity.
Y2K:Computer system crashes and all technology becomes obsolete
6-6-06: All children born that day are Satan's child. Satan will rise from the middle of the earth and the rapture will happen.

OH MY stuff YOU GUISE! ITS RAINING OUTSIDE! ITS STTTAAARRRRTTTEEEDDDDD!!!!!!

lol so many cigarettes jumping around rdy to shout "world not gonna end!!!!!!!"

when no one in this topic was claiming it was

lol so many cigarettes jumping around rdy to shout "world not gonna end!!!!!!!"

when no one in this topic was claiming it was
It will.

I found out that it's scientifically proven that sometime on December 21 of 2012, all the planets will line up which has the potential to knock Earth off it's axis and create another ice age.
Where the forget are you getting this blasphemy? A comic book?

Get out. It won't happen. I'm sick of you prepubescent little children making completely absurd bullstuff posts saying "LOL 2012 IS REAL WE R GOIN 2 DAI". Just shut forget up and go soak your head.

I'm absolutely sick of this stuff. Enough with the 2012 threads.

It won't happen.

Well what if it does, forget face? Not that I believe it, but yes, scientists have predicted a weakening in the Earth's magnetic field. If we have a huge amount of solar wind during that time, we may just be slightly forgeted.
Really, I don't believe in 2012 itself, I believe in the possibilities of other crap happening near then. I just don't run around a say "IT'S GUNNA END".

Science is unreliable.

Get out. It's reliable by definition. Not all scientists are reliable, but that's because they are false labeled as scientists.

And a weakening of the magnetic field to the point where everyone gets assforgeted won't happen in such a short time. The magnetic field has been weakening for a long time now, and it is predicted that there may be a polar swap. That has nothing to do with the world ending.

Get out. It's reliable by definition. Not all scientists are reliable, but that's because they are false labeled as scientists.

By definition it's ok if it's reliable. The point of science is that it's ok to be wrong.

It happening on a specific date seems like bullstuff to me...

You shouldn't put all science into one broad category, you need to look at it case by case. Some areas of science are reliable, some are not. It's not good to assume that it is impossible for the world to end in 2012, but I have not seen a reliable source/study saying it's possible.

Planet X will disrupt out gravitation thingy-ma-bob and make us all die. :D

Iceland will melt and flood new york.