Author Topic: Re: ***Troubleshooting FAQ - READ THIS FIRST***  (Read 7375 times)

my sich is different, whenever i play blockland my computer crashes on and off all day long and its getting obnoxious how do i undo this!?!?!?!?!

my sich is different, whenever i play blockland my computer crashes on and off all day long and its getting obnoxious how do i undo this!?!?!?!?!
same thing with me i think i have too many add ons or i have to uncheck some of them

when i load blockland and i host my own game and load any guns other than the original gun i load and it starts loading then says something like "invalid packet Add ons/Add ons/gun_Shell.(somthing)" and it doesnt let me load any guns i loaded off the forums on add ons

Also when i try loading a different map then the default maps it says "Invalid Packet 12" what would i do then?

I've got issues with the sound effects ingame.  They keep getting mixed up.  Sometimes the brick delete noise changes to some sort of whoosh, and I get bangs when I move the ghostbrick.  Sometimes menu sounds get switched with the death noise or other things.  All in all, I think the gui needs bug-checking, as all of these problems are minor, but annoying.

Also, the game gets crappier and crappier the more times I start a game (mission).  It goes away when I shut it off and restart it, but that could be problematic in the future.

Major, the sound switching bug is as a result of having "Turn off sounds on Alt+Tab" on. Badspot is aware of this issue.

The reason the game gets "crappier and crappier" (not sure exactly what is meant by this) is because torque does not have the most exceptional memory handling. Every time you change maps, torque needs to load the new maps data and store it in memory. This takes a toll on your system, and even though the old map should be cleared from memory it may not always happen.

By exiting blockland, you purge blockland and related assets from your memory. So when you open blockland again it can start afresh and only load what it needs. This is why dedicated servers for blockland should be reset every so often to ensure that the server is not being overloaded or having poor memory handling.

Also, please refrain from bumping old topics.

blockland won't start up it loads a little bit then stops. idk why its doing this please help

This game has wrecked one of my computers (i know this now) and its working on its secont.the on i using right now.do you have any reason why its doing this Badspot? (i want badspot to answere this not any other computer people)as for now NASAboy3000 will not be playing.

now when i try to go into blockland a sreen pops up saying you need to restart you computer.Then when you start it it says its recovering stuff just like my dads old laptop (that now won't even start up). The only thing it could be is that bhlockland is screewing up my familys computers (i am ADICTED TO THIS GAME)so please tell me what is happening.

I cant play Blockland since I downloaded V9. The last thing written in the black window is "Authentication: SUCCESS. I tried to reinstall Blockland but it didnt work. I have windows XP, Pentium 4 3,2 Ghz and graphics card Radeon 9200 series. Can someone help me?

why doesn't anyone tell me what is happening

why doesn't anyone tell me what is happening

YOU or someone did something stupid on your computer. Blockland works for everyone else.

all i did was play it constently and get a bunch of add ons just like everyone else

all i did was play it constently and get a bunch of add ons just like everyone else

Apparently not.

maybe it was a hacker that sent me a virus

Blockland keeps on crashing during the getting datablock phase. can someone tell me how to fix this.