Author Topic: V14 Clarification  (Read 34126 times)

Note that some ISPs block hosting, so some people may not be able to host no matter what you do.  Call them up and ask if they do.
Actually, I was unable to join a server with people on it. And I can host just perfectly.

Ah, I see what you're saying.

I have no clue what would cause that.

There is a bug where particle emitters stop:
----   This is due to a fix for a crash where particles would keep going after you disconnected and do bad things.  It is triggering when it shouldn't.  If you can duplicate this problem consistently I would like to know how. 
This gets annoying when you fix it will there be a v14.2?

Actually, I was unable to join a server with people on it. And I can host just perfectly.
This happened to me.

There is a bug where particle emitters stop:
----This is due to a fix for a crash where particles would keep going after you disconnected and do bad things.  It is triggering when it shouldn't.  If you can duplicate this problem consistently I would like to know how.
I get that a lot. Sometimes when I get into a vehicle it just stops. I believe it is the tank turret and the pirate cannon. Something that has to do with vehicle weapons and explosions.

The update does not delete your saves or add-ons:
----If your saves or add-ons disappear, it is because you are using Vista or Win7 with UAC enabled and Blockland installed to the "Program Files" directory.  In this situation, any file Blockland writes is re-directed by the OS into the "virtual store".  When the Blockland exe changes, it gets a new virtual store folder and therefore can't find the old saves.  Your options are:
    A: Disable UAC
    B: Install to C:\Blockland  

Happy this didnt happen to me  i would be screwed because all my projects would be gone

I've noticed only certain people can join my servers. I am not port forwarded.

Question: What exactly is UPnP

The particle thing seems to go on and off whenever a player spawns.

Sorry, it is whenever someone dies.

Edit: Dieing fixes the problem, when someone spawns or leaves the problem occurs again.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 12:24:51 PM by heedicalking »

For some reason, everyone's avatar and bricks appear black (and no, i didn't mess with the color scale. How can I fix this?

Where might i find the UPNP option on my linksys router?

For some reason, everyone's avatar and bricks appear black (and no, i didn't mess with the color scale. How can I fix this?

Update your drivers.

Update your drivers.
Incorrect.

Answer:
Do not minimize game while loading.