Author Topic: Worlds (AKA "The Planets" map)  (Read 29203 times)

please tell me that desert ground won't be below all of the map

suggestion I was thinking make the bottom of the "worlds" more rounded and have a blue endless openness kind of skybox

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=71873.0

kind of like that style
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 01:48:54 AM by Flying Ace »

Make a replica of Problem Sleuth's office under one of the planets as an Easter egg.  :cookieMonster:

Meh, should've done it like planets, was my fav, but with more universes.

I concur that there should be easter eggs. They make exploring a lot more fun.

I concur that there should be easter eggs. They make exploring a lot more fun.
There won't be, he already said that dumbass.

There won't be, he already said that dumbass.
Oh, sorry. I must not have read that post.... Oh well.

I'm going to be working on my space station building gamemode this summer, I think this map would be a good area to host the build. My only concerns would be how big the biggest planet is. I realize the build areas won't be as far apart, but what about the sizes? Will there be a mix? How big will the biggest world be and how far would the atmosphere extend?

Now that I look at it, I see you said there would be smaller worlds, but how smaller?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 03:03:28 PM by Nitramtj »

please tell me that desert ground won't be below all of the map
Well it is supposed to be in space, so your figure it out.

each one of those colored squares is a 32x32 so the home planet is nice and big

???

Anyway, seems like a pretty cool thing so far.
I think he was showing how it is aligned to the brick grid.

Hmm, I do remember seeing that map Ladios, not sure if I ever had the opportunity to play on it however. DTS islands?

No, the map will not have a desert underneath it. I merely use the map for testing purposes as it has fairly even lighting and little clutter. I'll stick with the space theme for now.

I agree Armyunit, the shadows do look cool. It's a pity the real bricks don't display a similar effect.

I don't really intend to include any easter eggs at this time. I don't even know who "Problem Sleuth" is.

Sounds like a good fit Nitramtj. The worlds will likely not be any larger than the grass world (640x640). Some worlds may be smaller if appropriate (such as the moon which is 64x64 studs in size).

Zloff, those colored plates are just 32x baseplates as Kevin and Heedi pointed out. I place them there just to give an impression of how large the building surface is.

Lava world is coming along nicely. Apart from a few extra details, I think the interior is done. Lava will just be water bricks with the appropriate events. Please excuse my poor "lava-falls"...I'm sure there is a better method of creating them. I think the lava would look really spectacular if it had some special effects added to it such as magma balls randomly flying out...or bubbles bursting on the surface. No idea how to make that unfortunately.

O.o

If only you had no life and could work on this 24/7 D:

This is going to be a great map when done, make sure its on RTB so they can download it alot faster with the new content downloading stuff..

Add lava emitters by the lava waterfall thing, like lava splashing into the water