Author Topic: Worlds (AKA "The Planets" map)  (Read 29010 times)

Make the player spawn be in the middle of the star.

You could add a star, a wind world and a space station.

what is this mario galaxy or something

The center of the system will not contain a sun, but rather a spawn world.

I've decided that rather than try and embody a fake sun within the map, I will simply use the sun that is part of the skybox. This has several advantages to it: it allows travel and sight between planets to be easier, it negates the need to try and make a convincing sun, and it avoids any awkwardness that comes from having two suns with only one proper light source for the map. In place of the sun will be the spawn world.

I downloaded the MS3D 30-day trial and in the midst of making a tree I realized that I can avoid the hassle of trying to make a convincing tree and greatly benefit the map as a whole by simply building the foliage in game. As I mentioned earlier, I intend to include an environment save that will come with water, lava, and trees to bring the worlds alive. In this way all of those features can be modified, moved, and deleted as desired. More freedom for the player, less work for the map-maker. Win-Win.

Perhaps solar Flare emitters at the two ?.
When going through, you take extreme damage if going through it outside a vehicle.
If in one, the vehicle can withstand it for a bit, then dies.

The center of the system will not contain a sun, but rather a spawn world.

I downloaded the MS3D 30-day trial and in the midst of making a tree I realized that I can avoid the hassle of trying to make a convincing tree and greatly benefit the map as a whole by simply building the foliage in game. As I mentioned earlier, I intend to include an environment save that will come with water, lava, and trees to bring the worlds alive. In this way all of those features can be modified, moved, and deleted as desired. More freedom for the player, less work for the map-maker. Win-Win.

tip: blender is free and you can save models i've tryed both and blenders just a little more complicated

Perhaps solar Flare emitters at the two ?.
When going through, you take extreme damage if going through it outside a vehicle.
If in one, the vehicle can withstand it for a bit, then dies.

To be clear...there will not be a sun in the map. You will not be able to fly to a sun.

I'm aware of Blender, the MS3D trial should suffice for now. There will likely not be that many objects that need modeling other than skies and such.

The two remaining "?" could be Light and Dark

To be clear...there will not be a sun in the map. You will not be able to fly to a sun.

I'm aware of Blender, the MS3D trial should suffice for now. There will likely not be that many objects that need modeling other than skies and such.
Im aware there will not be a sun, and i do know that solar flares are caused by suns.
But im not asking for a sun, im asking for a solar flare.

Im aware there will not be a sun, and i do know that solar flares are caused by suns.
But im not asking for a sun, im asking for a solar flare.
Without a sun there can be no solar flare, you said it yourself.

The sun could be years away, like our sun, it would take a long time to get to it with the current tech we have.
Once again, the sun doesn't have to be in the map, but it could be in the sky box or something

The sun could be years away, like our sun, it would take a long time to get to it with the current tech we have.
Once again, the sun doesn't have to be in the map, but it could be in the sky box or something
You're stupid.

You're stupid.
First part yes, Second part no. Put the sun in the skybox.

You're stupid.
How? its true that it would take some years to get to the sun with our current technology, and i do also know that solar flares travel super fast, not just stay around, but still i would like it if you could go into this field thing, and get damaged.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 08:24:02 PM by TMAN7676 »