Author Topic: Worlds (AKA "The Planets" map)  (Read 28998 times)

Read page 2 and beyond.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=103889.0
You're stupidity is overwhelming the internet.

[GSF]Ghost who I personally was "mentored"  by for several weeks before he left, mostly created models of buildings and/or their interiors. He also made some nice terrains but they were nothing without his buildings that he would place in them.

Reactor Worker as far as I have seen has made planets. So to compare two different specialties is completely stupid. Reactor Worker is amazing at Space Concepts, Ghost is good at buildings.

Also for the handicap that made the canyon map, Whoopie! He found out how to not repeat the terrain, HE SHOULD BE THE NEXT GOOD MAPPER!!!

I could have done what he did, Squiddey could have done what he did, Reactor Worker could have done what he did, MtnDew could have done what he did, etc.

inb4rectorworkeristhenextgsfghost
Let's hope not. GSF quit.

That looks pretty good Aptonites. My idea for the ice world was leaning more towards the slightly less inviting Hoth from Star Wars, but I could see it being inspired by a more alpine environment. It is also a little bit on the small side and doesn't appear to conform to the 8x or 4x cube standard I've been using thus far. I will try out the lights you mentioned, could be good for ambiance.

An audio environment would be cool, but I'd have to find some clips that looped, and it'd have to be long enough so that players don't get bored of hearing the same sounds over and over again. I'll keep that in mind as I progress.

I can see your reason, but i'd love to see an alpine planet too.
Also, are you up for any contributions for the map? seeing how it will be really big, i'd like to help when needed.

[GSF]Ghost who I personally was "mentored"  by for several weeks before he left, mostly created models of buildings and/or their interiors. He also made some nice terrains but they were nothing without his buildings that he would place in them.

Reactor Worker as far as I have seen has made planets. So to compare two different specialties is completely stupid. Reactor Worker is amazing at Space Concepts, Ghost is good at buildings.
Rethink your predefined concepts here. Reactor Worker here is creating interiors which are designed to sync with the brick grid, and to look like they're made of bricks. What did GSF do in most of his maps? And what have barely any other people - in fact, none come to mind - done?

Rethink your predefined concepts here. Reactor Worker here is creating interiors which are designed to sync with the brick grid, and to look like they're made of bricks. What did GSF do in most of his maps? And what have barely any other people - in fact, none come to mind - done?
Yes, but to go out and say that Reactor Worker is this next GSF is stupid. That'd be like saying Ephialtes is the new Rotondo. Two different people, two different concepts, and this cannot be compared.

You're stupidity is overwhelming the internet.

Also for the handicap that made the canyon map, Whoopie! He found out how to not repeat the terrain, HE SHOULD BE THE NEXT GOOD MAPPER!!!

I could have done what he did, Squiddey could have done what he did, Reactor Worker could have done what he did, MtnDew could have done what he did, etc.
You don't get what I'm saying. I'm saying there are gonna be a bunch of idiots saying he is the next GSF Ghost like in the topic is just posted...

You don't get what I'm saying. I'm saying there are gonna be a bunch of idiots saying he is the next GSF Ghost like in the topic is just posted...
Hope they don't. :P

Hmm, I do remember seeing that map Ladios, not sure if I ever had the opportunity to play on it however. DTS islands?

No, the map will not have a desert underneath it. I merely use the map for testing purposes as it has fairly even lighting and little clutter. I'll stick with the space theme for now.

I agree Armyunit, the shadows do look cool. It's a pity the real bricks don't display a similar effect.

I don't really intend to include any easter eggs at this time. I don't even know who "Problem Sleuth" is.

Sounds like a good fit Nitramtj. The worlds will likely not be any larger than the grass world (640x640). Some worlds may be smaller if appropriate (such as the moon which is 64x64 studs in size).

Zloff, those colored plates are just 32x baseplates as Kevin and Heedi pointed out. I place them there just to give an impression of how large the building surface is.

Lava world is coming along nicely. Apart from a few extra details, I think the interior is done. Lava will just be water bricks with the appropriate events. Please excuse my poor "lava-falls"...I'm sure there is a better method of creating them. I think the lava would look really spectacular if it had some special effects added to it such as magma balls randomly flying out...or bubbles bursting on the surface. No idea how to make that unfortunately.

I actually prefer the lava world without the lava. Weird.

Tom

Could you try to make the brick side textures look a little more like real bricks, or maybe even get rid of them (side textures, not top) altogether. Interiors that look like bricks are just exactly like bricks are kind of annoying in my personal opinion.

Could you try to make the brick side textures look a little more like real bricks, or maybe even get rid of them (side textures, not top) altogether. Interiors that look like bricks are just exactly like bricks are kind of annoying in my personal opinion.
To bad dipstuff, it's his map.

Tom

To bad dipstuff, it's his map.
Dude, it's called a suggestion.

Dude, it's called a suggestion.
Dude, it's called arrogance.
"Yeah, I know you did all this work up to this point, but could you change it to what I want?"

Keep it civil guys. I appreciate the enthusiasm but I'll take the suggestions as they come. No need to defend me.

Thanks.

Keep it civil guys. I appreciate the enthusiasm but I'll take the suggestions as they come. No need to defend me.

Thanks.
:/

I feel it might be nice to have one larger world as like the spawn world or whatever.

Too much newbspam.
Could be controlled if smaller, like have a spawn planet kinda small, and have all the others regular-sized.

Oh and if there is gonna be a main star, (sun) make it have lava-land