Poll

What to focus on first?

Polish and mod completion (add special functionality to bugs and stuff that have been needing it)
Finish and release the MAS Magma Exo-suit
Finish the MAS Scarab-Wasp playertypes
Create more ASN (robotic) playertypes
Finish up and release the currently exsistant but unrelased bugs (the Tremormites, the two spiders, BugMod 3, ect)
Work on the remainder of the wasps
Work on new bugs!
Create more MAS weapons/suits/items/ect

Author Topic: The Bug & MAS Mods (Server coming maybe)  (Read 645674 times)

Ok the server is over.
Over all was very successful, and I got a lot of great feedback. Thanks again to all who joined!

T'was nice to see a little bit of action of it going! Now for some more hibernation.

And I kept getting beaten up by crickets.

should I nerf crickets

no remove them

they are super agile and thus can cap points rly easily, so many. although iirc they are super weak to the bug zapper

I think what I might do for crickets is give them their own specific weapon (atm they use the bug bite), with reduced damage, but maybe with higher firerate.
I will also probably reduce their leap range some, but not heavily, as that is part of what makes them fun imo.

If they are still a bit strong after that, I can reduce their health somewhat.

Also due to how Bl works, you should drastically up the cooldown of the leap, because you can accumulate and accelerate speed infinitely, just as long as you hold space bar.

Also due to how Bl works, you should drastically up the cooldown of the leap, because you can accumulate and accelerate speed infinitely, just as long as you hold space bar.

I can try that, but I might also just have the leap set the player's velocity, rather than add to it.
I'll probably try both and see what plays better

maybe decrease the velocity/distance of the jump but give them more control over it mid-air

maybe decrease the velocity/distance of the jump but give them more control over it mid-air

Giving them more air-control might make too maneuverable tbh, but I can try it.

Giving them more air-control might make too maneuverable tbh, but I can try it.

Maybe there could be some air strafe system like in Team Fortress 2

To air strafe, a player air accelerates to one side while smoothly turning the mouse in that direction. This change in orientation changes the direction of your attempted air acceleration relative to the actual direction of motion, and the component of air acceleration in that direction becomes less than the acceleration cap. This small difference between the component and the cap allows a small amount of further acceleration to occur, and you move slightly in that direction. Thus, a smooth continuous mouse movement ensures that you're always below the acceleration cap and capable of accelerating to that side. This transforms your path through the air into a smooth curve.
Technique

Source : https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Strafing

That sort of behavior should already be present in Blockland as far as I know. Increasing the air control factor of a playertype would pronounce that effect even more.