Author Topic: V18 Known Issues  (Read 17034 times)

Aha! I'm onto the menu with a popup saying "Building Database Cache" now but it crashes?
I have the same thing.V19 needs to be out now.Now I can't play blockland.

it Actually Crashes when you click on it or others like that (moving your mouse doesn't count).

Yeah as soon as I click, Windows tries to find a solution  :cookieMonster:

What is "CHECKING CDN FOR 1 FILE"

It says that every time I try to go into a server. :/

Even Badspot's Server? :|

I saw the update flash upon my screen while scanning throught the forums. After reading this I felt like I just drank poison :c

Badspot

• Administrator
Alright. What'd I do.

HERES WHAT I DID (I have mac so no autoupdate for me);

1: I installed V18.
2: I copied (Command/Control C) ALL my addons from v17.
3: Pasted them into v18 addons folder, selected Don't Replace (for the default ones)
4: Copypasted my Config folder.
5: Copypasted my Base < Client folder (Some custom cursers and junk)
6: Copy/Pasted Saves file, selected Replace.
7: This appears...
WHAT'D I DO?

[color:FF0000]Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.[/color]

ORLY?

[color:FF0000]Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.[/color]

AGAIN?!!

You are running the v18 scripts with the v17 executable or vice versa.  Do not copy the executable or base directories from one version to another. 

To everyone saying it's crashing as soon as you open it:
It is NOT crashing until you go apestuff from being impatient and smashing your mouse/keyboard in all attempts to get it to work. It is doing a lot of heavy work, just let it go through once. That's right. You only have to wait a long time ONCE. It's not frozen. It's just really busy, and can't be assed to listen to your repeated clicking and stuff. Windows is software, it doesn't know any better and thinks it crashed.

Badspot

• Administrator

It checks the CDN for the file manifest.  It should either download it from there or proceed to download it from the server. 

To everyone saying it's crashing as soon as you open it:
It is NOT crashing until you go apestuff from being impatient and smashing your mouse/keyboard in all attempts to get it to work. It is doing a lot of heavy work, just let it go through once. That's right. You only have to wait a long time ONCE. It's not frozen. It's just really busy, and can't be assed to listen to your repeated clicking and stuff. Windows is software, it doesn't know any better and thinks it crashed.

I waited ~20 mins for it to work, and still didn't with only default add-ons in my folder. Though when I took Dedicated and DedicatedLAN out of my Blockland folder, it finished in about 10-15 seconds.

I waited ~20 mins for it to work, and still didn't with only default add-ons in my folder. Though when I took Dedicated and DedicatedLAN out of my Blockland folder, it finished in about 10-15 seconds.
It didn't take long the second time because most of the stuff was already cached.

I agree. If you had removed it the first time it probably would have made no difference.

Wait...
So if you move the dedicated.bat to your desktop, it will work?

After updating to v18 through blockland's auto updater... it now hangs on 'Building cache database' for about 20 hours...

Do you want a console.log to see?
has v18 really been out for 20 hours?